Canucks Training Camp - News & Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

herb
CC Legend

Re: Canucks Training Camp - News & Notes

Post by herb »

I didn't see the game on Saturday, but I hear Kassian and Weise were naughty boys...
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Strangelove wrote: Sedin/Sedin/Kassian
Booth/Kesler/Burrows
Higgins/Richardson/Hansen
Gaunce/Santorelli/Weise

Garrison/Corrado
Hamhuis/Bieksa
Edler/Tanev

Luongo
Lack
This is probably what I would predict as well, or very close. Might switch Lain with Gaunce or Santorelli for game 1 and Weber for Corrado. I thought I saw Lain playing some wing on Saturday so he may slot in on the 4th line wing.

The Saturday game against Edmonton Corrado and Gaunce should be in for sure.

The next time we see Sestito and Weise in the lineup at the same time will be too soon. Those two can split the year 50/50 as far as I'm concerned. And if guys like Lain and Gaunce can secure a spot full time later in year - waive bye-bye to one of them!!
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Aaronp18 wrote:The next time we see Sestito and Weise in the lineup at the same time will be too soon. Those two can split the year 50/50 as far as I'm concerned. And if guys like Lain and Gaunce can secure a spot full time later in year - waive bye-bye to one of them!!
Sestito is the better fighter, to be sure. Keep him around for when we play Edmonton or like teams to keep them from getting any funny ideas, but otherwise keep him in the box until his skating improves. He's as big as tree, but moves like one too and it was painful to watch him out ther on Saturday night.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Ben Kuzma ‏@benkuzma
On injury front, no Schroeder (foot) Jensen (upper body). Booth (groin). Pairings: Garrison/Bieksa, Edler/Tanev, Alberts/Weber.
Gene Principe ‏@GenePrincipe
Craig MacTavish on Steve MacIntyre "After our game against Vancouver we decided there was a need for toughness. I think he'll make an impact"

TEAM Radio ‏@TEAM1040
RT @sportsnetspec: Eakins called Kassian slash, " A disturbing play by a disturbing player."
I am sure MacIntyre could make an impact. The Canucks better have the power play units ready. :mrgreen:
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Jovocop wrote:
Ben Kuzma ‏@benkuzma
On injury front, no Schroeder (foot) Jensen (upper body). Booth (groin). Pairings: Garrison/Bieksa, Edler/Tanev, Alberts/Weber.
Craig MacTavish on Steve MacIntyre "After our game against Vancouver we decided there was a need for toughness. I think he'll make an impact"

TEAM Radio ‏@TEAM1040
RT @sportsnetspec: Eakins called Kassian slash, " A disturbing play by a disturbing player."
I am sure MacIntyre could make an impact. The Canucks better have the power play units ready. :mrgreen:
Better hope big Mac can play 20+ minutes and scrap 3 times a game...
If you need air...call it in
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Jovocop wrote:

TEAM Radio ‏@TEAM1040
Bwahahahahahaha :rofl:

Because MacIntyre was so effective the last two times he played in Edmonton! How long did Eager last before he was deemed useless in Edmonton?

A good reason to keep Sestito around - those odd games when the other side decides to dress a caveman. Not that there's much use for them if the other side doesn't dress their caveman, but you need that club in your pocket in case you need to bring it out. Interesting to see this in light of last night's broohaha in Toronto. Will we see a renaissance of the enforcer? I'm betting not, but it does make for an interesting sub-plot heading into the season.

Nice try by Eakins to try the case in the media court, but he ends up just sounding scared. Sniff-sniff-sniff... smell that urea-like aroma coming from Rexall Place, seems to be coming from the dressing room.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

TEAM Radio ‏@TEAM1040
RT @sportsnetspec: Ben Eager on the Canucks: “We play them a lot down the stretch, and we’re going to go after their skill players also."
Hmm... Eager did not want to target Kassian for a very obvious reason. On the other hand, is that a threat?? Shanahan better has balls to make the calls.
Vancouver Canucks ‏@VanCanucks
The following players have been assigned to the @UticaComets: Cannata, Ferriero, Mullen, Sauve. #Canucks
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

sagebrush wrote:
Kassian went in for bodycheck, Gagner punked er dodged out, Kass didn't want to hit the boards awkwardly so he spun so his back would hit the boards, because of the spin as a consequent his stick went up as he spun, accidentally hitting Gagner's chompers, there was NO intent to injure. Just carelessness of the stick, purely accidental.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Strangelove wrote:
SKYO wrote: Edler will no way in hell play with Bieksa as they play atrociously together haha.
So you're saying AV was not a playoff genius? :wink:
lol it is the sole reason he was let go. :D
Aaronp18 wrote:
Strangelove wrote: Sedin/Sedin/Kassian
Booth/Kesler/Burrows
Higgins/Richardson/Hansen
Gaunce/Santorelli/Weise

Garrison/Corrado
Hamhuis/Bieksa
Edler/Tanev

Luongo
Lack
This is probably what I would predict as well, or very close. Might switch Lain with Gaunce or Santorelli for game 1 and Weber for Corrado. I thought I saw Lain playing some wing on Saturday so he may slot in on the 4th line wing.

The Saturday game against Edmonton Corrado and Gaunce should be in for sure.

The next time we see Sestito and Weise in the lineup at the same time will be too soon. Those two can split the year 50/50 as far as I'm concerned. And if guys like Lain and Gaunce can secure a spot full time later in year - waive bye-bye to one of them!!
Lain is already with the Comets, Gaunce passed him on the depth charts! :thumbs:
Vancouver Canucks Place Three On Waivers, Send Down Lain
Another day and another day of cuts for the Vancouver Canucks.

Defencemen Patrick Mullen and Yann Sauve as well as forward Benn Ferriero were placed on waivers by the Canucks for the purpose of assignment to the Utica Comets of the American Hockey League.

Centre Kellan Lain was assigned to the Comets and will play in tonight’s preseason game between the Comets and the Abbotsford Heat at the Abbotsford Entertainment and Sports Centre.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

SKYO wrote: Kassian went in for bodycheck, Gagner punked er dodged out, Kass didn't want to hit the boards awkwardly so he spun so his back would hit the boards, because of the spin as a consequent his stick went up as he spun, accidentally hitting Gagner's chompers, there was NO intent to injure. Just carelessness of the stick, purely accidental.
Kassian should get a game or two for that. It was pretty reckless use of your stick, he needs to have control over it at all times.

Keep your stick down and all he does is whack him in the pants or shin pads. He spun his arm around to try and get a piece of Gagner but clearly didn't realize how much he missed the hit by.

The fact that his stick came up and broke Gagner's jaw is worthy of a suspension. My guess - the rest of the pre-season and one or two regular season games.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Jovocop wrote:
TEAM Radio ‏@TEAM1040
RT @sportsnetspec: Ben Eager on the Canucks: “We play them a lot down the stretch, and we’re going to go after their skill players also."
After the display Eager put on against the Canucks in 2011, San Jose couldn't get rid of him fast enough.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

SKYO wrote: Lain is already with the Comets, Gaunce passed him on the depth charts! :thumbs:
He'll be back.

I think I just like the fact that he skates well and is 6'6". I'm sure he does need some seasoning in the AHL before playing much of a role in the NHL!
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Aaronp18 wrote:
SKYO wrote: Kassian went in for bodycheck, Gagner punked er dodged out, Kass didn't want to hit the boards awkwardly so he spun so his back would hit the boards, because of the spin as a consequent his stick went up as he spun, accidentally hitting Gagner's chompers, there was NO intent to injure. Just carelessness of the stick, purely accidental.
Kassian should get a game or two for that. It was pretty reckless use of your stick, he needs to have control over it at all times.

Keep your stick down and all he does is whack him in the pants or shin pads. He spun his arm around to try and get a piece of Gagner but clearly didn't realize how much he missed the hit by.

The fact that his stick came up and broke Gagner's jaw is worthy of a suspension. My guess - the rest of the pre-season and one or two regular season games.
We'll see the result asap.
60.6 Fines and Suspensions - There are no specified fines or suspensions for high-sticking, however, supplementary discipline can be applied by the Commissioner at his discretion (refer to Rule 28).

Rule 28 - Supplementary Discipline

28.1 Supplementary Discipline - In addition to the automatic fines and suspensions imposed under these rules, the Commissioner may, at his discretion, investigate any incident that occurs in connection with any Pre-season, Exhibition, League or Playoff game and may assess additional fines and/or suspensions for any offense committed during the course of a game or any aftermath thereof by a player, goalkeeper, Trainer, Manager, Coach or non-playing Club personnel or Club executive, whether or not such offense has been penalized by the Referee.

If an investigation is requested by a Club or by the League on its own initiative, it must be initiated within twenty-four (24) hours following the completion of the game in which the incident occurred.

28.2 Pre-Season and Exhibition Games - Whenever suspensions are imposed as a result of infractions occurring during pre-season and exhibition games, the Commissioner shall exercise his discretion in scheduling the suspensions to ensure that no team shall be short more players in any regular League game than it would have been had the infractions occurred in regular League games.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Farhan Lalji ‏@FarhanLaljiTSN 1h
Kassian on #oilers picking up MacIntyre, "Perfect. I don't think he can skate, that's the last thing on our mind." #canucks

Hahahahaha awesome

Hamhuis is the closest #canucks to returning. Booth is still feeling soreness. They'll be cautious with him & Jensen. No more on Schroeder

Kassian had 10 min hearing. Re slash to Gagner: "It was definitely accidental and hopefully he gets back sooner than later." #canucks
Last edited by Cousin Strawberry on Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you need air...call it in