Canucks Training Camp - News & Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Re: Canucks Training Camp - News & Notes

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

SKYO wrote:We'll have to wait till next year to see the magician Shinkaruk play on this team. :(
Yeah, too bad BoHo and Shinky were sent back to juniors. I was looking forward to seeing them play in a couple NHL games. In the end, it's what's best for them. Juniors to NHL is a big jump, not many guys can do it right away after being drafted. They need to play a ton, get more xp and get stronger. If they can can make the Canadian juniors, it would be a great experience too; it'd be awesome if Boho, Shinky, Gaunce and maybe even Subban were on that squad.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

If they weren't ready, they weren't ready.

While Gillis and Torts did express a desire to get younger, they weren't going to force it at the expense of the success of the team. At the end of the day, the additions of Santorelli, Richardson, Dalpe, Stanton and Weber, replacing Malhotra, Lapierre, Raymond, Joslin, Ballard and Ebbett does in fact bring the average age of the team down. Schroeder and Corrado could have an impact on this year as well.

Splitting hairs? Perhaps, but it was the media that over-hyped the "youth movement" or "Golden era" of prospects. The same media that recognized the "average" impact said prospects made throughout camp and preseason.

Don't believe the hype.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

RoyalDude wrote:Maybe ya shoulda tried the calzone

Not sure what onion truck you fell off but if you had noticed, I did say that I did pop in their recently just from being in the neighborhood and it was kinda, uh, sad, really. The place is a shithole now, has been for a while, danbobrob ya fag. In fact it was always a shithole, just sloppy spaghetti like that overrated shithole - Anton's on Hastings that all those meathead idiots in Burnaby/East Van for some reason line up for only because of the massive portions (LOL). Do you live in BBY/East Van?
Yeah I grew up in North Burnaby - with a boatload of eyetalians of course. Every one (of the italians) at my high school was someone else's cousin, one big happy fucking family.

Anton's is ridiculous, but at least it does enough volume to keep the dust bunnies from joining forces and making a bid to take the place over (*side eyes Todd Bersnoozi and Tiger* :scowl: ). L'Artista does good italian though and Cioffi's has turned into a nice little operation.
KeyserSoze
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by KeyserSoze »

According to the practice lines today there's a good chance we get to see Stanton & Dalpe tomorrow night.

Hopefully we don't notice either of them.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

dbr wrote:
Yeah I grew up in North Burnaby - with a boatload of eyetalians of course. Every one (of the italians) at my high school was someone else's cousin, one big happy fucking family.
BNSS?
If you need air...call it in
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Every team wants to "get younger" and play their prospects if they can.

Gillis and Torts should have just shut up about it or said it once or twice instead of making it their off-season mantra. It was obvious to me that we don't have any forward prospects ready to play a full season in the NHL and it should damn sure have been obvious to them.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
dbr wrote:
BNSS?
I grew up in North Burnaby too... railed out of my mind at the NBI.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

KeyserSoze wrote:According to the practice lines today there's a good chance we get to see Stanton & Dalpe tomorrow night.

Hopefully we don't notice either of them.
As for Stanton, yes, but not for Dalpe. I would love to see him showing some skills.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Rumsfeld wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:
dbr wrote:
BNSS?
I grew up in North Burnaby too... railed out of my mind at the NBI.
I was grad 89 (well except for a few credits short...)
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

BCSS and no, I was not on the track team. Ten years before you.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Topper wrote:BCSS and no, I was not on the track team. Ten years before you.
I drove by there this summer and thought I was lost. Totally different place now...they moved the whole building west 100 feet.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
dbr wrote:
BNSS?
Alpha, little over ten years after you. By the time I could grow enough stubble to try sneaking into the NBI they shut it down :(