Young Stars Tournament and Related Musings

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

dbr
CC Legend

Re: Young Stars Tournament and Related Musings

Post by dbr »

RoyalDude wrote:Somebody reeeeeeeeeaaaaaaally likes Subban

Good on ya
Meh. I don't particularly like Subban or his chances, which are certainly worse at 5'9 than they would be at 6'1, but it's pretty obvious that skilled defensemen with speed to burn (like Subban) can get into the league without their height holding them back.

What I dislike is your awful reasoning and lazy ass posting.

Hey remember when Dan Hamhuis was too short to be an effective top four defenseman on this team? :lol:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Here's the gyst of my low expectations on the prospects
of Subban. Him and Schroeder are the exact same build - 5'-9" 177 lbs. All I have to do is try to imagine Schroeder playing defense in the NHL and it just isn't pretty
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

dbr wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Somebody reeeeeeeeeaaaaaaally likes Subban

Good on ya
Meh. I don't particularly like Subban or his chances, which are certainly worse at 5'9 than they would be at 6'1, but it's pretty obvious that skilled defensemen with speed to burn (like Subban) can get into the league without their height holding them back.

What I dislike is your awful reasoning and lazy ass posting.

Hey remember when Dan Hamhuis was too short to be an effective top four defenseman on this team? :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I wonder if the diminutive D has ever been played at the forward spot. I'd pay to see that. I pesky little black devil that knows how to back check.

DO IT JT!
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

LOL, Royaldude was all pissed at me last season for saying Schroeder is too small to play bottom six center.

BTW, if Subban's 5'9 then I'm 6'4.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Rumsfeld wrote:LOL, Royaldude was all pissed at me last season for saying Schroeder is too small to play bottom six center.

BTW, Subban is 9 1/5" then I'm 6 1/4".
:arrow:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)