Young Stars Tournament and Related Musings

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ESQ
MVP
MVP

Re: Young Stars Tournament and Related Musings

Post by ESQ »

Following the Baby Flames loss, Feaster diagnoses an organizational disease that makes anyone who wears the Flames jersey suck.

Now that is what I call leadership! Telling a bunch of gormless 18-year-olds that they gave up after 20 minutes :lol: :lol:
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

nuckster wrote: - Cassel's, Coraddo and a few others, played a fairly complete game.
I think Cassel's probably raised his stock the most in this tournament.

I typically expect nothing from 3rd round picks, but Cassels played really well and has the type of skill set that could allow him to care out a career as a good bottom 6 center down the line.

I think he's going to be very much "on the radar" for the next few years.
TDA Rum
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by TDA Rum »

I agree Pot, the best Canuck every shift in the tournament, never takes a shift off...Horvat and Corrado have been good also...
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

ESQ wrote:Following the Baby Flames loss, Feaster diagnoses an organizational disease that makes anyone who wears the Flames jersey suck.

Now that is what I call leadership! Telling a bunch of gormless 18-year-olds that they gave up after 20 minutes :lol: :lol:
Wow.

Add ventriloquists to Burke's resume.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Potatoe1 wrote:
nuckster wrote: - Cassel's, Coraddo and a few others, played a fairly complete game.
I think Cassel's probably raised his stock the most in this tournament.

I typically expect nothing from 3rd round picks, but Cassels played really well and has the type of skill set that could allow him to care out a career as a good bottom 6 center down the line.

I think he's going to be very much "on the radar" for the next few years.
His dah' was a good 'un eh?! :thumbs:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

Topper wrote:
ESQ wrote:Following the Baby Flames loss, Feaster diagnoses an organizational disease that makes anyone who wears the Flames jersey suck.

Wow.

It really is that transparent.

Fun times ahead...
2011..... the one that got away.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Nice positive thoughts for cassels, I guess i just don't hold out much hope for 3rd round pick prospects in that 5'11" - 170 lb range.

Have to be xtra special to overcome a glassels build to be an NHL'er
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

I was surprised that it took Burkie that long to get his arm up Feasters ass to make Feasters mouth move and say Burkies words!!
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

If subban goes from 5'9" to 6'-1" I will then pay attention to him
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

RoyalDude wrote:If subban goes from 5'9" to 6'-1" I will then pay attention to him
If Subban was 6'1" and 200lbs+, he would have been a first-second round pick instead of fourth. ;)
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Southern_Canuck »

Eddy Punch Clock wrote:
Topper wrote:

Wow.

It really is that transparent.

Fun times ahead...
I'm thinking Feaster is fired by Christmas, and Burke takes over as GM... Who's with me!?!
It's a great day for hockey!
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Southern_Canuck wrote:I'm thinking Feaster is fired by Christmas, and Burke takes over as GM... Who's with me!?!
Count me in. It is going to be extra fun watching this team get levelled to the foundation by Burke and Co. just to see what emerges. This division could be one of the more entertaining ones in the league this season.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

RoyalDude wrote:Nice positive thoughts for cassels, I guess i just don't hold out much hope for 3rd round pick prospects in that 5'11" - 170 lb range.

I don't about that mate, maybe you should check you facts eh?!

6'1" 185 lbs

1015 204 528 732 410

Over a thousand games....not many make that even...
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Arachnid wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Nice positive thoughts for cassels, I guess i just don't hold out much hope for 3rd round pick prospects in that 5'11" - 170 lb range.

I don't about that mate, maybe you should check you facts eh?!

6'1" 185 lbs

1015 204 528 732 410

Over a thousand games....not many make that even...
Well, then if Cole Glassels (5'11" - 170 lbs) was Andrew Gassels size I'd might feel better about his prospects. He's another Jeff Tambellini type.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Jovocop wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:If subban goes from 5'9" to 6'-1" I will then pay attention to him
If Subban was 6'1" and 200lbs+, he would have been a first-second round pick instead of fourth. ;)
Like I said, I won't be paying much attention to a 5'9" defense prospect.