Re-booted SKYO approved pipe dreams and trade ideas

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Re-booted SKYO approved pipe dreams and trade ideas

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The way Zadorov is rolling post season he’s going to be at the top of a lot of teams lists come July. Enjoy him while we got him. Hronek will be signed, the right side becomes a problem if we don’t keep him. I’d like to see Myers come back at a discount to be the placeholder on the right side until Willander is ready. Will need a cheaper Zadarov replacement. Bye DeSmith/Hello Silovs. Joshua will be a big target come July, too expensive - bye Joshua/Hello Podkolzin. Get a proper winger to play with Petey in the UFA market.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 6:46 am The way Zadorov is rolling post season he’s going to be at the top of a lot of teams lists come July. Enjoy him while we got him. Hronek will be signed, the right side becomes a problem if we don’t keep him. I’d like to see Myers come back at a discount to be the placeholder on the right side until Willander is ready. Will need a cheaper Zadarov replacement. Bye DeSmith/Hello Silovs. Joshua will be a big target come July, too expensive - bye Joshua/Hello Podkolzin. Get a proper winger to play with Petey in the UFA market.
Agree about Hronek,Myers & Zad, Joshua i'm not so sure about.
His post-season play hasn't been that consistent, maybe Allvin finds a way.
theman
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by theman »

dangler wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 7:30 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 6:46 am The way Zadorov is rolling post season he’s going to be at the top of a lot of teams lists come July. Enjoy him while we got him. Hronek will be signed, the right side becomes a problem if we don’t keep him. I’d like to see Myers come back at a discount to be the placeholder on the right side until Willander is ready. Will need a cheaper Zadarov replacement. Bye DeSmith/Hello Silovs. Joshua will be a big target come July, too expensive - bye Joshua/Hello Podkolzin. Get a proper winger to play with Petey in the UFA market.
Agree about Hronek,Myers & Zad, Joshua i'm not so sure about.
His post-season play hasn't been that consistent, maybe Allvin finds a way.
Agree, Hronek will be re-signed, probably for just over 7 mil. Think Myers will re-sign for around 3mil. Only way Zadorov stays is if he agrees to a long term deal at a lower cap hit, say 6 years at around 5 mil per. Doubt that happens.

Joshua will at least double his money, but even if he agrees for an average of around 2 mil per, that might be too much for the Canucks. He probably signs for around 2.5 mil per.

Personally, if it came down to a choice of Zadorov or Joshua, assuming the contract conditions I mentioned above, I am taking Zadorov.
Lancer
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Lancer »

I wager it won't take management long to figure out who they need to keep, who they'd like to keep and who they can let go. I think they even know they can't keep everyone. We should have a good idea about the offseason likely well before the draft.

In the meantime, let's just enjoy this roster while it lasts.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Lancer wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 10:06 am I wager it won't take management long to figure out who they need to keep, who they'd like to keep and who they can let go. I think they even know they can't keep everyone. We should have a good idea about the offseason likely well before the draft.

In the meantime, let's just enjoy this roster while it lasts.
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Petey out to Carolina for Svechnikov.

Re-sign Lindholm.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Spit-ballin’, shits n’ giggles…what about bringing Sammy Reinhart home? He’s a UFA this summer. He’s been playing right wing for a while, just the headsy kind of winger Sneaky Pete needs. Yes he’d cost an arm and a leg, but I say we go all in on Reinhart. Paul I’m sure is telling his son to look at coming home this summer! That means no Lindhom, Joshua and May have to move a contract, no Zadarov etc., how much does Reinhart get this summer? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 7:28 am Spit-ballin’, shits n’ giggles…what about bringing Sammy Reinhart home? He’s a UFA this summer. He’s been playing right wing for a while, just the headsy kind of winger Sneaky Pete needs. Yes he’d cost an arm and a leg, but I say we go all in on Reinhart. Paul I’m sure is telling his son to look at coming home this summer! That means no Lindhom, Joshua and May have to move a contract, no Zadarov etc., how much does Reinhart get this summer? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?
If Petey stays he needs a bruiser riding shotgun. Reinhart is not that guy.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

If Silovs is the deal…do we move him or Demko to sort out our thin top 6 winger situation?
Raile
MVP
MVP

Post by Raile »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 3:12 pm If Silovs is the deal…do we move him or Demko to sort out our thin top 6 winger situation?
always depends on the return, but goalies don't usually get much back so I would expect the answer is hell no
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Raile wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 3:56 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 3:12 pm If Silovs is the deal…do we move him or Demko to sort out our thin top 6 winger situation?
always depends on the return, but goalies don't usually get much back so I would expect the answer is hell no
Oh there are some Haves in need of desperate help in net. I disagree.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

UMMMMM... no.
____
Try to focus on someday.
theman
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by theman »

Strangelove wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 5:17 pm
UMMMMM... no.
Agree, way too early for that kind of move. Perhaps, in a year or two.............
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Silovs won't get you much now, but if he's the real deal next year then you consider moving Demko with a year left on his contract.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 5:17 pm
UMMMMM... no.
An extremely stubborn and close minded opinion to Chefs angle.