Canucks News N Notes 23-24 Playoff Edition

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News N Notes 23-24 Playoff Edition

Post by Meds »

rats19 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 12:04 pm
Mëds wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:25 am
rats19 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:23 am
Mëds wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:19 am
rats19 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:18 am I saw a step up in Peteys play last night
More aggressive
More shot attempts
Good hustle and defensive play

Maybe the page is turning at exactly the right moment…
Perry? Why do we want that asshole to be stepping up?
Sorry …
I’m the last person who should be putting the screws to anyone for what is an obvious autocorrect…..but I did it anyways. :look:
I knew that and apologized to guilt you further…. :wink:
The deftness of your subtlety is unparalleled.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Fucking Ryan Whitney...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Raile
MVP
MVP

Post by Raile »

Strangelove wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 12:20 pm

Fucking Ryan Whitney...
Has he commented on it anywhere yet? Was trying to find something today but didn't see anything. I think Whitney is great but I'd love to see his response after that trash talk vid!
Lancer
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Hockey Widow wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:14 am
theman wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 am Been reading on Calpuke that Bieksa and Friedman had a bit of a tiff last night, anyone got a link?
If its what I am thinking it wasn't a tiff. Friedman asked Bieksa, as head Vancouver cheerleader, if he thought they could come back after the second. Bieksa jokingly took exception to being called their head cheerleader, and sidestepped the question. He asked Friedman if he still cheered for Western whenever they played. Bieksa politely said he wasn't a cheerleader but an alumni. So it was all good natured pissing about.

Unless I missed something else.
I watched it too. That sounds about right.

In fact, I'm kinda glad Friedman put it out there for Bieksa to dismiss. Better to get it out in the open and discuss vice people drawing their own conclusions. Haters are gonna hate, but at least it gave Bieksa a chance to address what some watchers were already thinking.

Besides, they have Gazdic to provide the Edmonton slant - if there is one - if people really believe that Bieksa is a Vancouver homer.

Tempest in a teapot.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Raile wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 12:29 pm
Strangelove wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 12:20 pm

Fucking Ryan Whitney...
Has he commented on it anywhere yet? Was trying to find something today but didn't see anything. I think Whitney is great but I'd love to see his response after that trash talk vid!
No, I don't think he has commented.

What can he say? :mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Actually he did on X ….yah search his page he said three or four things
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Raile
MVP
MVP

Post by Raile »

Strangelove wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 12:35 pm

What can he say? :mrgreen:
I just want to see him eat crow :D
Raile
MVP
MVP

Post by Raile »

rats19 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 12:47 pm Actually he did on X ….yah search his page he said three or four things
thanks Rats I see that now
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

So thing I like about this team is that they seem to find ways to win, when most people might count them out.

Is this the players? The coaches? This is new territory for us Canuck fans, and I'm thinking this comes from the coaching staff first, then the players.

Between Twtichy McClipboard, Travisty, and Belly Laugh Bruce, I don't think that 'never say die' attitude was even close to the surface. Back with them, the team lost, and then seemed to move on. Didn't seem like a big deal.

Sure we've got better players this year, but even the Chaos Giraffe is playing like he belongs. Pretty much every one is buying in to what the coaches are selling. I'm not sure this staff would have worked miracles with the team from 2022 - but it makes you think that maybe they wouldn't have sucked so badly.

In other words, I'm liking this new 'culture' on the team, and it bodes well for the future.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Cornuck wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 1:12 pm So thing I like about this team is that they seem to find ways to win, when most people might count them out.

Is this the players? The coaches? This is new territory for us Canuck fans, and I'm thinking this comes from the coaching staff first, then the players.

Between Twtichy McClipboard, Travisty, and Belly Laugh Bruce, I don't think that 'never say die' attitude was even close to the surface. Back with them, the team lost, and then seemed to move on. Didn't seem like a big deal.

Sure we've got better players this year, but even the Chaos Giraffe is playing like he belongs. Pretty much every one is buying in to what the coaches are selling. I'm not sure this staff would have worked miracles with the team from 2022 - but it makes you think that maybe they wouldn't have sucked so badly.

In other words, I'm liking this new 'culture' on the team, and it bodes well for the future.
+1
____
Try to focus on someday.
BoS
CC Rookie

Post by BoS »

Cornuck wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 1:12 pm Is this the players? The coaches? This is new territory for us Canuck fans, and I'm thinking this comes from the coaching staff first, then the players.

Sure we've got better players this year, but even the Chaos Giraffe is playing like he belongs. Pretty much every one is buying in to what the coaches are selling.
And those that weren’t (Kuzmenko, Beauvilier, OEL) were shipped out and replaced by guys that would (Lindholm, Zadorov,
Soucy)

Management brought in the right blend of character, the Coaching staff instilled the right system and the players have proven the system works
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

BoS wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 2:36 pm Management brought in the right blend of character, the Coaching staff instilled the right system and the players have proven the system works
For sure getting the right people in was HUGE. They deserve a ton of credit, and it a combination of things at all levels. But I think it all hinges on the coaching, which helped management find the right players to add in the off-season (and jettison others).
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cornuck wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 1:12 pm So thing I like about this team is that they seem to find ways to win, when most people might count them out.

Tocchet is a proper paisano. He ain’t no mangiacake.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

https://www.oilersdaily.com/nhl-team/ed ... owards-fan

Hmmm, it seems Oilers assistant coach Paul Coffey is under investigation for an alleged incident during last night's game.

This is an unverified, unconfirmed allegation, so please be careful what you say.

Also, Draisaitl missed practice and is listed as day-to-day, albeit with a "non-serious injury".
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

.... also this:

https://twitter.com/PRiMETIMESNOOP_/sta ... 8733811198
BREAKING NEWS ALBERTA 🚨
@PRiMETIMESNOOP_

#BREAKING: Edmonton Oilers forward Evander Kane reportedly engaged in heated arguments with several fellow teammates in the locker room after the team choked and gave up a 4-1 lead, ultimately losing 5-4 in devastating fashion to the Vancouver Canucks in game 1.

Kane reportedly left the locker room early, visibly upset.
So yeah, it appears the Oil have some distractions going on. :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.