Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:17 pm Big no to captain shattenkirk thanks. Eternally overrated IMO
But he'll sign for $1M now bro!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:38 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:17 pm Big no to captain shattenkirk thanks. Eternally overrated IMO
Ah ok. Probably right around where he belongs...a complimentary depth piece for a contender.
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:41 pm
Ah ok. Probably right around where he belongs...a complimentary depth piece for a contender.
You're too easy. :lol:

I dunno, I keep hearing he's not the same guy since that major surgery last year.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Strangelove wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:43 pm

I dunno, I keep hearing he's not the same guy since that major surgery last year.
I float along on a cloud of indifference doc...you should know that. My opinions are generally shallow and easily swayed by anything with a hint of humour.

My superpower is not giving a fuck
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

I think Stecher is ready to shine this upcoming season, he's got the coaches trust now, experienced, in supreme shape, should get 30 points next season, so we don't need Shatter.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:28 pm Well apparently the Rags are in the process of buying out Shattenkirk... how bout him? :mex:
Hmm... if he can hammer the puck and will be cheap, he might be a good temporary option. It'd give us the option to move Tan-man as well.

SKYO wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:43 pm I think Stecher is ready to shine this upcoming season, he's got the coaches trust now, experienced, in supreme shape, should get 30 points next season, so we don't need Shatter.
I like Stech and all, but I'm not sure a team with 2 smallish D-men can go far in the playoffs. I see some positives and negatives in Stech's game. I mean he's a smart player, battles hard and makes good breakout passes, but he's not skilled or fast enuff to beat a guy 1-1, can't shoot the puck worth a hill of beans and is undersized. I don't questions his heart and I luv the fact he's a local kid, but that's the main 2 things I like about him. The negative parts of his game that I mentioned, I'm not sure will thrive in the playoffs. I'm sure Stech will be one of those guys who can help us get into the playoffs, but once we're there, I'm not sure he's a guy we can lean on to push us far. We obviously gotta keep Hughes and he's going to be the man, so I'm not sure we have room for Stech as well.

I honestly like Hutty way more than Stech, but the only thing is that Stech plays the right side which fills a desperate need. Actually, another factor that I have thought about is that Stech and Brockstar are good buds. I wonder if sometimes mgmt is thinking they should keep Stech, so it'll be easier to lock up Brock for the long term.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:40 pm

I float along on a cloud of indifference doc...you should know that. My opinions are generally shallow and easily swayed by anything with a hint of humour.

To be bought out and find work elsewhere. https://www.tsn.ca/report-new-york-rang ... -1.1345091
Toronto sounds good, mm?

Vancouver would be better with Shatner/Kirk.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:36 pm
I like Stech and all, but I'm not sure a team with 2 smallish D-men can go far in the playoffs. I see some positives and negatives in Stech's game. I mean he's a smart player, battles hard and makes good breakout passes, but he's not skilled or fast enuff to beat a guy 1-1, can't shoot the puck worth a hill of beans and is undersized. I don't questions his heart and I luv the fact he's a local kid, but that's the main 2 things I like about him. The negative parts of his game that I mentioned, I'm not sure will thrive in the playoffs. I'm sure Stech will be one of those guys who can help us get into the playoffs, but once we're there, I'm not sure he's a guy we can lean on to push us far. We obviously gotta keep Hughes and he's going to be the man, so I'm not sure we have room for Stech as well.

I honestly like Hutty way more than Stech, but the only thing is that Stech plays the right side which fills a desperate need. Actually, another factor that I have thought about is that Stech and Brockstar are good buds. I wonder if sometimes mgmt is thinking they should keep Stech, so it'll be easier to lock up Brock for the long term.
Stecher has one year left on a cap friendly contract. That's perfect. The team needs that right side filled and his play has been adequate.
If he shows an improvement, they will re-sign him cause no matter what may be heard through future rumors, he will give a fuck of a discount to stay home. He isn't a lightwhieght and needs to play tougher. He is capable of it. Has to want to though, iffy. I'll make sure he knows.

People can like Hutton all they want. Hell; he's a likeable dude. Fact is, he's had a hell of a chance to play in the NHL but has not and seemingly
doesn't want to play the ass-hole style of play that is paramount, at times, for an NHL defense man of his size and skating ability.
No point getting into the difference in plus/minus between the two except that it's big.

I did make a footnote in my head that Hutton was under extreme pressure this past year due to so many injuries of his peers.
I think he deserves some brownie points there but at the end off the season and moving forward, unless he'd be willing to sign
a 1.8 million two-way, (850k) in the minors, contract, he will have a hard time getting a Canuck eye.
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

Just wait until Stetcher steps up to protect Hughes! He may get a bloody nose or broken jaw doing it but if he needs to he will. He has a snarl to his game and if he can take bull dog lessons then will be a more reliable version of Biega.
The only HW the Canucks need
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:36 pm
Strangelove wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:28 pm Well apparently the Rags are in the process of buying out Shattenkirk... how bout him? :mex:
Hmm... if he can hammer the puck and will be cheap, he might be a good temporary option. It'd give us the option to move Tan-man as well.

SKYO wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:43 pm I think Stecher is ready to shine this upcoming season, he's got the coaches trust now, experienced, in supreme shape, should get 30 points next season, so we don't need Shatter.
I like Stech and all, but I'm not sure a team with 2 smallish D-men can go far in the playoffs.

I see some positives and negatives in Stech's game. I mean he's a smart player, battles hard and makes good breakout passes, but he's not skilled or fast enuff to beat a guy 1-1, can't shoot the puck worth a hill of beans and is undersized. I don't questions his heart and I luv the fact he's a local kid, but that's the main 2 things I like about him. The negative parts of his game that I mentioned, I'm not sure will thrive in the playoffs. I'm sure Stech will be one of those guys who can help us get into the playoffs, but once we're there, I'm not sure he's a guy we can lean on to push us far. We obviously gotta keep Hughes and he's going to be the man, so I'm not sure we have room for Stech as well.

Well Stecher is a QB type almost, not too many right shot QB's become available too often, if he works on his shot he'd be much more dangerous, he's got over 20pts twice now and is only getting stronger.

This is a tricky year for Stecher and Canucks management, if he scores 25-30pts next season do you pay him the big bucks or do you sell him high? Get a nice return for him if he scores 30ish points, but if he re-signs reasonable then you got another long-term weapon.

I think he's much more well-rounded with puck skills compared to Hutton, Hutton seems to hesitate too much offensively and the opposition always has time set itself to properly defend against Ben.

While Stecher even as a rookie was much more dangerous, no hesitation with his puck handling, can swirl, deke, puck handle well, strong on his edge work as he tries to emulate Spurgeon's skill set, but like Spurgeon, Stecher defensively has to have better positional awareness, try not take the body as he'd get crushed, so its being quick and aware of the play to take away passing lanes, prevention and to keep the puck for more of a possession game so he doesn't have to work so hard defensively. This also why I think Stech would work well with someone like Benn, let him do the dirty work while Benn can give the puck to Stecher to transition out.

It'll be interesting to watch Stecher's progress this upcoming season, especially as we finally got a big minute righty in Myers to take the harder minutes and Tanev to help Benn on the penalty kills, leaving Stecher with a more offensive zone deployment, he's in a good place for a contract year.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Hockey Widow wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:03 am Just wait until Stetcher steps up to protect Hughes!
On a box? Or a stool?
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:40 pm

Is that what they call that cloud?

I thought it was a cloud of vaporized cannabis..... :mex:
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

@TSNBobMcKenzie:
Chase Priskie, WSH 6th round pick in 2016, has informed the Capitals he will NOT be signing with them and will become UFA on Aug. 15. Priskie finished his senior season with Quinnipiac and should be a highly sought after free agent defenceman.

Priskie had 17 goals and 39 points in 36 GP for Qunnipiac.
Frisky Priskie: 6ft - 192lbs, right shot QB.

played one season in Salmon Arm BC, then four years with Quinnipiac University, Connecticut.
At 23 years of age, he should make an immediate impact in the NHL.

We can sign him and trade Tanev or Stecher. :D
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Puljujarvi wants out.
Jesse Puljujärvi tonight to Kaleva Newspaper at a charity game in Oulu:

"I want a new start with some other team. Playing in North America is still my goal."

"I will stay on Oulu until I have a contract. I will find a place to play somewhere".
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

SKYO wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:58 pm Puljujarvi wants out.
Jesse Puljujärvi tonight to Kaleva Newspaper at a charity game in Oulu:

"I want a new start with some other team. Playing in North America is still my goal."

"I will stay on Oulu until I have a contract. I will find a place to play somewhere".
Offer Goldobin
The only HW the Canucks need