Canucks News N Notes 23-24 Playoff Edition

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News N Notes 23-24 Playoff Edition

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

It was worth it all day long and twice on Sunday.

What would be the icing on the cake is if Juulsen rocks in and blows up McDork or Crysaitl, gets suspended out and Sauce walks back in for the elimination game
If you need air...call it in
Raile
MVP
MVP

Post by Raile »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 3:06 pm What would be the icing on the cake is if Juulsen rocks in and blows up McDork or Crysaitl, gets suspended out and Sauce walks back in for the elimination game
yes please!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 3:06 pm It was worth it all day long and twice on Sunday.

What would be the icing on the cake is if Juulsen rocks in and blows up McDork or Crysaitl, gets suspended out and Sauce walks back in for the elimination game
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

“No sir, YOU are the caretaker. You've always been the caretaker. I ought to know: I've always been here.” - Mr. Grady
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Redrum! Redrum! Redrum! Redrum!
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 6:33 pm Redrum! Redrum! Redrum! Redrum!
“Mr. Grady, you were the caretaker here. I recognize ya. I saw your picture in the newspapers. You, uh, chopped your wife and daughters up into little bits. And then you blew your brains out.” - Jack Torrance
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Petey needs some wingers. His most effective shifts last night were when Blueger (of all people) were put on his line.

Why is Podkolzin(history of stepping up in playoffs of KHL) not making space for Petey, and where is Hoglander??

Podz/Petey/Hogz might not be playoff style defensive, but they would feast on the oilers bottom six.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
BoS
CC Veteran

Post by BoS »

Time to reunite the Lotto line. It may be the only hope for getting Pettersson going. Suter won’t be missed on the top line.
MJN
AHL Prospect

Post by MJN »

Don’t know if this was posted elsewhere.
Eddie Lack on Kane’ cross check to Myers face:

“Evander Kane begging for a 1 game suspension since he can’t afford the 5K fine.”

:)
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/video/is-petterssons-play off-woes-making-canucks-regret-contract-extension/

Ouch.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

MJN wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 2:37 pm Don’t know if this was posted elsewhere.
Eddie Lack on Kane’ cross check to Myers face:

“Evander Kane begging for a 1 game suspension since he can’t afford the 5K fine.”

:)
I caught that last night, gotta love Eddie. :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Raile
MVP
MVP

Post by Raile »

Mëds wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 3:20 pm https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/video/is-petterssons-play off-woes-making-canucks-regret-contract-extension/

Ouch.
It's absolutely ridiculous this take that he got his money so now he doesn't care about the playoffs. Canucks drafted him because he said he wanted to win multiple cups. He was MVP in playoffs in SHL when his team won. By all accounts he's a very competitive guy. He'd actually been sucking for a while before he signed his contract.. that could have jeopardized this contract if the Canucks brass had come to the conclusion that he wasn't going to get out of it.

These guys are right for blasting him, but not for this reason. terrible take.
Raile
MVP
MVP

Post by Raile »

I'm looking forward to Petey's exit interview this year. I hope it sheds some light on wtf is going on.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Raile wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 4:30 pm I'm looking forward to Petey's exit interview this year. I hope it sheds some light on wtf is going on.
https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/playo ... 2971762112

This is a guy who I don't think gives a shit and is just giving the scripted answers. Clearly he's got some mental issues.....he looks like some of the patients I've dealt with who suffer from a schizoaffective disorder and need a dosage adjustment or have hit a tailspin.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Mëds wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 4:40 pm
Raile wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 4:30 pm I'm looking forward to Petey's exit interview this year. I hope it sheds some light on wtf is going on.
https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/playo ... 2971762112

This is a guy who I don't think gives a shit and is just giving the scripted answers. Clearly he's got some mental issues.....he looks like some of the patients I've dealt with who suffer from a schizoaffective disorder and need a dosage adjustment or have hit a tailspin.
… in reality, he looks like a guy dealing with ribs or back issue.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.