Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Vin Tanner wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:32 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:05 pm I'd get lit with Blob for thirsty Thursday if they had jugs of old stock
I have some pull Buds. You guarantee that you, the Chef, Karl and Damonberryman can drag Gomer to the gravel pit at the end of pipeline road…. I’ll have barrels of that shit.
:lol:

Were all taking Gomer on our Arms bender. Maybe getting him royally fucked up will reset his medulla oblongata
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Carl Yagro wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:51 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:54 pm
Carl Yagro wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:51 pm Chef would order a San Pellegrino.
With Amaro
I like it with Galliano
Listen Shoulders when it comes to highballs it’s old fashioned, Negroni’s (the wop in me), G&T’s or vodka soda cranberry and when the mood fits I’ll make like ole 2Fingers there and have 3 Fingers of a good scotch like a Lagavulin (I like the peat bog shit)
“Throw a punch Horvat for fuck sakes. Trevor Linden all over again. Why can’t we ever have a hard nosed mean prick for a captain“ - Doyle
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:40 pm
Vin Tanner wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:32 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:05 pm I'd get lit with Blob for thirsty Thursday if they had jugs of old stock
I have some pull Buds. You guarantee that you, the Chef, Karl and Damonberryman can drag Gomer to the gravel pit at the end of pipeline road…. I’ll have barrels of that shit.
:lol:

Were all taking Gomer on our Arms bender. Maybe getting him royally fucked up will reset his medulla oblongata
I personally think we should do Brandiz DTES, go full on Charles Bukowski. Damonberryman loves the DTES
“Throw a punch Horvat for fuck sakes. Trevor Linden all over again. Why can’t we ever have a hard nosed mean prick for a captain“ - Doyle
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Vin Tanner wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:37 pm
2Fingers wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:27 pm I’m ordering 2 fingers of the some good stuff.
WTF is the good stuff Reef? Two in the stink, two down the yap? :)

Chef thinks the good stuff is Canadian Club.
My electrician bought me a bottle of Grand Marnier for Christmas. What am I to do with that shit cause I certainly ain’t drinking it
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:51 pm
2Fingers wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:27 pm I’m ordering 2 fingers of the some good stuff.

My electrician bought me a bottle of Grand Marnier for Christmas. What am I to do with that shit cause I certainly ain’t drinking it
Yeah I’ve never gotten the grand marjier deal. At least Baileys and Kahlua have a bit of value with coffee.
Eat my shorts
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Put it on ice cream
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Mëds wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:03 am
SKYO wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:44 am Thing is Mëds, white players don't really have to deal with racism in sports from junior to pro's, they don't get packages of crackers thrown at them or bags of white bread, typically it's white folks doing the racist acts.

So that is why I appreciate 5thhorseman can view this from a POC point of view, where it happens constantly from juniors to pros, and it happens a lot in the Euro leagues pro level as well.
Is this an ongoing thing SKYO or is this something that was happening in the past (greater than 10 years). I've never seen it take place myself, so I'm actually asking.

I do realize that it was something that happened in the past.
Oh, it's still a big problem in European football. Especially spectators making monkey noises or throwing bananas at black players, but also in on pitch trashtalk, albeit trashtalking in soccer is not as prevalent as in hockey. It's mostly in Eastern Europe, but also some places in Italy and Spain, and English fans are no angels either.

UEFA is trying to stamp it out though, by having teams pay fines when their fans misbehave, or even force them to play in front of empty stands for a game or two after particularly bad incidents.

And it's not just against black players, ie Zlatan Ibrahimovic gets a lot of gypsy slurs, especially when playing against teams from former Yugoslavia, but other places in eastern Europe and Italy as well. Afaik he doesn't even have any Romani heritage, but he does have a swarthy complexion and a big nose, so I guess he kind of looks that way. Also, his father came from a city in Bosnia with a sizable Romani population, so there may have been some intermarrying at some point in history, but afaik no one in Zlatan's family has ever identified as part of that culture.

https://youtu.be/WSULRHqcTY4
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Mëds wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:49 pm Case in point. The term Indian Summer.....I grew up hearing it but never realized that it was a derogatory way of referring to "Indian Time" and because FN's are either slow or late. I just thought it was a seasonal thing referring to really nice summer weather in September. I used the term often without any kind of malice or racial prejudice. I'm not a racist, but at work we were told that anyone using that term is racist. I don't use it anymore. Fortunately I didn't have to learn by accidentally using it in the wrong setting.
lol! the Swedish term for Indian Summer is brittsommar, it looks like Brit Summer, but the origin is that St Birgitta has her saint day on Oct 7th, and if there is warm weather occurring in October it's called brittsommar as it coincides with her day, and Britta is a diminutive form of Birgitta, which in turn is the Swedish version of the English Bridget. So we're not making fun of the Brits. ;)
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Cornuck wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:09 pm
BCExpat wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:03 pm Can you imagine going for a beer with Chef and Vin? :lol:
I don't think either of them has gone for "A" beer! :D

(but then who has?)
I have, but only if I'm driving.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

1) pour it on pancakes
https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/crepes-suzette

2) add a table spoon to a fruit salad, brings out the flavours

3) pour two table spoons of it into a glass, add two table spoons of Kahlúa, add 15 cl of hot coffee, top with whipped cream and some coffe powder - voilá! A Leonard Sachs Coffee. If you ever get bored of Irish Coffee.
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

Habs put Sami Niku and Chicago puts Brett Connolly on waivers.
Time to move some pieces to retool for 2024 contending.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

OK honestly the good stuff to me (because it is less than $100) is The Dalmore 12 yr old and Glenmorangie Lasanta 12yo. I like these because they have a nice taste. The Glenmorangie uses a sherry cask and you can taste it. I can handle a little of the smoky/peaty flavour but not a lot.

When I just want to have 8 fingers i go to Jamieson as it is a good blended whisky at a fair price. I only drink it straight now so taste is everything. Every once in a while I get Crown and diet coke and I usually get pretty wrecked with that.

Brings back memories of when I was a young lad and I was travelling and bought good whisky at Duty Free and I mixed it. I would get some looks from others when I said I mixed.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

I go with the cans of premixed Capt Morgan and root beer because all booze is fuckin gross so why bother doing anything more than popping them open and gooning til fuckered
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

A nice Chianti and some fava beans
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:13 pm I go with the cans of premixed Capt Morgan and root beer because all booze is fuckin gross so why bother doing anything more than popping them open and gooning til fuckered
You mean it doesn't come in IV bags?