The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17138
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Strangelove » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:11 pm

BigTuna wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:34 am
Bye Bye JVR and Bozak, Hello more minutes for Jonsson and Kapanen.
Also Bye Bye Plekanec and wave to Ole Man Marleau as he slowly fades away.

Those four guys have 8 of the Leaves 13 goals in these playoffs.

But I'm sure Johnsson (2 points) and Kapanen (0 points) will magically replace that with a few extra minutes! :wink:

Johnsson is 23 and has played just 9 NHL games, similar to Leivo at that age (including his AHL numbers).
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1196
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:16 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BigTuna » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:52 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:11 pm
BigTuna wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:34 am
Bye Bye JVR and Bozak, Hello more minutes for Jonsson and Kapanen.
Also Bye Bye Plekanec and wave to Ole Man Marleau as he slowly fades away.

Those four guys have 8 of the Leaves 13 goals in these playoffs.

But I'm sure Johnsson (2 points) and Kapanen (0 points) will magically replace that with a few extra minutes! :wink:

Johnsson is 23 and has played just 9 NHL games, similar to Leivo at that age (including his AHL numbers).
Johnsson is 23 and a rookie because he was a 7th round pick. Most of those guys rarely make the NHL earlier. I actually had to explain to you last year about that when he knocked Connor Brown for being a rookie at 23 (He was a 6th round pick).
Johnsson does not have the ice time to have better stats. He will next season. Same as Kapanen.

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17138
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Strangelove » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:49 pm

Every team has 22-24-year-olds putting up Johnsson-like numbers in the AHL.

This year Canucks have Goldobin and Boucher

... and you won't see anyone here saying either of those two could replace a JVR next year. :scowl:

I mentioned Leivo as a recent Leaves' one, and now you mention Brown... thank you!

24-year-old Brown had just 14 goals + 14 assists in 82 games this season.

None of Johnsson/Kapanen/Goldobin/Boucher have given any indication of being decent NHL scorers

... but Leafers always believe their guys will magically do just that. :hmmm:

Seriously, send a sample of that blue koolaid to the lab!

Letting JVR walk this summer would hurt the Leaves in the goal-scoring department, I'm just saying.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1196
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:16 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BigTuna » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:39 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:49 pm
Every team has 22-24-year-olds putting up Johnsson-like numbers in the AHL.

This year Canucks have Goldobin and Boucher

... and you won't see anyone here saying either of those two could replace a JVR next year. :scowl:

I mentioned Leivo as a recent Leaves' one, and now you mention Brown... thank you!

24-year-old Brown had just 14 goals + 14 assists in 82 games this season.

None of Johnsson/Kapanen/Goldobin/Boucher have given any indication of being decent NHL scorers

... but Leafers always believe their guys will magically do just that. :hmmm:

Seriously, send a sample of that blue koolaid to the lab!

Letting JVR walk this summer would hurt the Leaves in the goal-scoring department, I'm just saying.
Every team has players like Jonsson and Kapanen yes, but every team doesn't have Matthews/Marner/Nylander on the team with them. These guys aren't expected to be stars, but have the skill to be 20+ goal scorers.
Kapanen keeps getting breakaways on the PK. All of his skillset says yes, he deserves more TOI and will get better production.
Signing JVR for 8 years wil hurt the Leaves long-term. Aren't you the guy shouting about cap room constantly? JVR is very, very painfully one-dimensional.

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17138
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Strangelove » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:32 pm

BigTuna wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:39 pm
Signing JVR for 8 years wil hurt the Leaves long-term. Aren't you the guy shouting about cap room constantly? JVR is very, very painfully one-dimensional.
Oh I agree, it would hurt the Leaves long-term!

And yes, he is painfully one-dimensional.

As a Leaves hater I want the Leaves to re-sign him. :devil:

Just saying you're wrong in thinking Johnsson/Kapanen can replace the offense JVR and Bozo bring.

(Bozo with his assists and faceoff skills)
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Reefer2
MVP
MVP
Posts: 3795
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Reefer2 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:48 pm

1,2,3.... 10

And here is Tuna....

User avatar
sk8er
CC 2nd Team All-Star
Posts: 451
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:46 am
Location: in my computer

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by sk8er » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:58 pm

Fucking broons....can’t do anything right...... :evil: :crazy:

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1196
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:16 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BigTuna » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:02 pm

Down 2-0 and everyone celebrated it was over and Kadri got suspended for 3 games and Bruins have had most of the bounces and calls in thsi series.
Being in Boston is their advantage but we do have the momentum. Boston blew a massive opportunity with 6 straight PPs at home and lost in game 5.

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 10760
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:19 pm

Hopefully it’s an exciting game 7
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
Puck
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 938
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:40 pm
Location: Victoria, BC

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Puck » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:02 pm

I really can’t find a way to be happy with anyone winning in this series. It’s this unpleasant twisty feeling no matter who wins each game.

User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
Posts: 5882
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Meds » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:42 pm

Toronto has stolen the momentum in a big way.

Andersen is playing well, and he tends to be streak prone. He came into the playoffs in a low and has now caught a spark.

I fear Tarrana is gonna win this one in 7.

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 9274
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by SKYO » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:36 pm

I think Bergeron/Marchy/Pasta will rebound in game 7.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1196
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:16 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BigTuna » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:22 pm

SKYO wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:36 pm
I think Bergeron/Marchy/Pasta will rebound in game 7.
Could happen but that line looks rather tired compared to the first 4 games.
Boston relies on 1 line far more than the Leaves. this might be showing it's benefiting the Leaves with a long series. Boston does not have the same depth or speed.

User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 7500
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Everywhere

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Cornuck » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:32 pm

Puck wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:02 pm
I really can’t find a way to be happy with anyone winning in this series. It’s this unpleasant twisty feeling no matter who wins each game.
I think we're all just waiting for the two team buses to collide....


(too soon?)
2018-19 - The Road to 82

User avatar
Reefer2
MVP
MVP
Posts: 3795
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Reefer2 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:14 pm

BigTuna wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:22 pm
SKYO wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:36 pm
I think Bergeron/Marchy/Pasta will rebound in game 7.
Could happen but that line looks rather tired compared to the first 4 games.
Boston relies on 1 line far more than the Leaves. this might be showing it's benefiting the Leaves with a long series. Boston does not have the same depth or speed.
Toronto relies a lot on FA. When he is not at the top of his game they lose most nights.

Post Reply