Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Locked
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 9275
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by

Post by SKYO » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:36 pm

Continue on the rebuild - some deals that could be made:

- Tanev for a big haul, I'd like to keep this guy but he has the most value.

- Get Edler to waive NTC to a team needing a top 4 LD.

- Gudbranson all depends on his contract demands, if it's reasonable and there is no lockerroom drama, I'd like to keep him on this puny team, otherwise if he wants too much I'd deal him for futures or a bigger young top 9 forward or a young dman who can play next year like Travis Dermott from the Leaves, K Kapanen?

- Vanek for a 2nd.

- Gagner back to Columbus, Torts knows how to use him properly & the BlueJackets powerplay stunningly is in LAST place! :o

--

Hockey deal trades for these affordable young dudes:
Hutton, Stecher, Granlund maybe Baertschi, - a return could net a need elsewhere - like a sizeable top 9 forward who can score some goals.

Eriksson, Sedins (mr obvious), Sutter all probably want to stay around for a bit.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
Posts: 4824
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by

Post by Uncle dans leg » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:22 pm

SKYO wrote:.

- Gudbranson all depends on his contract demands, if it's reasonable and there is no lockerroom drama, I'd like to keep him on this puny team, otherwise if he wants too much I'd deal him for futures or a bigger young top 9 forward or a young dman who can play next year like Travis Dermott from the Leaves, K Kapanen?

-
EG is the one asset who could be turned into a top talent puckmover much like the Vatanen trade.
Toronto is the natural destination as they have 3 plus Liljegren who I would move him for..likely along with another asset I would say. (Gardiner, Reilly, Zaitsev)

In my eyes that is the glaring hole in our lineup....more than toughness
nobody forks...with the jesus

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 9275
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by

Post by SKYO » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:00 pm

Yeah that's the good thing about Guds is that he can be traded anywhere, be interesting what happens with him between now and the deadline.


Vanek is another good piece of trade bait, a team like Blues could probably use him who are loaded up for a Cup run this season, especially with Stastny on his final year of contract.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
Tciso
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1642
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:44 am

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by

Post by Tciso » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:21 pm

SKYO wrote:Yeah that's the good thing about Guds is that he can be traded anywhere, be interesting what happens with him between now and the deadline.


Vanek is another good piece of trade bait, a team like Blues could probably use him who are loaded up for a Cup run this season, especially with Stastny on his final year of contract.
If we have another few games like last night, and the injuries keep up, we'll have -lots- of guys to trade. :D :( :D
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!

User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
Posts: 4824
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by

Post by Uncle dans leg » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:06 pm

I saw a stat last night that Vancouver is 30th in league scoring from defensmen. That right there is a telling stat. No wonder teams leave our points open and double up down low.

This depth hole should be the focus for the gm to shore up.
nobody forks...with the jesus

User avatar
Jovocop
CC Legend
Posts: 3214
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by

Post by Jovocop » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:44 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:I saw a stat last night that Vancouver is 30th in league scoring from defensmen. That right there is a telling stat. No wonder teams leave our points open and double up down low.

This depth hole should be the focus for the gm to shore up.
Or Green can just have all the defensemen doing the shooting drills everyday.

User avatar
micky107
CC Legend
Posts: 4427
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by

Post by micky107 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:18 pm

Well if Sami does his job and Juolevi improves what's already a pretty good shot, maybe a actual shooting threat from the point is on the way.
It has really been a while.
"evolution"

User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 13020
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by

Post by Hockey Widow » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:11 pm

micky107 wrote:Well if Sami does his job and Juolevi improves what's already a pretty good shot, maybe a actual shooting threat from the point is on the way.
It has really been a while.
Juolevi is going to have to do lot more in prospects camp and main camp than he did this year to avoid a year in Utica, which depending upon his physical stature, may not be a bad thing. Still see no need to rush him given where this franchise sits in terms of their re-build.

Sure would be nice to see him and Trymakin on the blue line in two more years.
The only HW the Canucks need

User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 8314
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over here.....

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by

Post by rats19 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:24 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:
micky107 wrote:Well if Sami does his job and Juolevi improves what's already a pretty good shot, maybe a actual shooting threat from the point is on the way.
It has really been a while.
Juolevi is going to have to do lot more in prospects camp and main camp than he did this year to avoid a year in Utica, which depending upon his physical stature, may not be a bad thing. Still see no need to rush him given where this franchise sits in terms of their re-build.

Sure would be nice to see him and Trymakin on the blue line in two more years.
And so it shall be...
You are who you hang with.....

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 10761
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:00 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:
micky107 wrote:Well if Sami does his job and Juolevi improves what's already a pretty good shot, maybe a actual shooting threat from the point is on the way.
It has really been a while.
Juolevi is going to have to do lot more in prospects camp and main camp than he did this year to avoid a year in Utica, which depending upon his physical stature, may not be a bad thing. Still see no need to rush him given where this franchise sits in terms of their re-build.

Sure would be nice to see him and Trymakin on the blue line in two more years.
Yeah it would be but he isn’t close to ready right now as you say.He is a decent young d man but his shot couldn’t break a pane of glass at this point despite what Fred said. You can either shoot the puck hard or you can’t. You can add a little bit of zip but you either have the snap or you don’t. Ryan Keslers improvement was more on him working on his release and accuracy. He didn’t improve his velocity any great amount. I don’t see Olli being the answer to the power play anytime soon
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 9275
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by

Post by SKYO » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:08 am

Juolevi been killing it lately tho'
Nov. 29

Today might have been the best game I've ever seen him play.

Was an absolute rock on defense and finished with a +3 and 1 assist.

His gap control was fantastic, his breakout passes were as clean as ever, and you're really starting to see his improved intensity in the d-zone. Won almost every board battle with ease and his positioning was perfect all night, didn't seem like KooKoo could do anything in the offensive zone when he was on the ice.

He's looking much more comfortable at his new weight and is being used in every situation against the opposing teams' top players, I think their coach loves the kid.

Such a calm and assuring presence on the back end that you can trust to always make the right play. - thelittlecoon!

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/l ... -139074111
Last edited by SKYO on Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP
Posts: 873
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:25 pm
Location: New Westminster

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by

Post by Ronning's Ghost » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:34 pm

SKYO wrote: - some deals that could be made: Tanev, Edler, Gudbranson, Vanek for a 2nd, Gagner,
Yes to all.
SKYO wrote:Eriksson, Sedins (mr obvious), Sutter all probably want to stay around for a bit.
Also yes to all. A GM who can talk Edler out of his NTC can also talk Sutter of of his.

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 10761
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:45 pm

While I’m a proponent of trading everything older that isn’t nailed down, exactly who is going to get the puck out of the defensive zone if both Edler and Tanev are dealt away? I get wanting to deal these guys while they have value and while Tanev is actually healthy but they are both damn good d men and mask a ton of warts on that blue line
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1498
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: Lower left-hand corner

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by

Post by BladesofSteel » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:14 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:While I’m a proponent of trading everything older that isn’t nailed down, exactly who is going to get the puck out of the defensive zone if both Edler and Tanev are dealt away? I get wanting to deal these guys while they have value and while Tanev is actually healthy but they are both damn good d men and mask a ton of warts on that blue line
With the depth down the pipeline up front, I'd be loath to deal either D-man unless it was for one in return.

ie. Trouba, Fabbro, Liljegrin, Foote

Benning still hasn't made a blockbuster deal to put his stamp on this club.

Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP
Posts: 873
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:25 pm
Location: New Westminster

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by

Post by Ronning's Ghost » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:18 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:While I’m a proponent of trading everything older that isn’t nailed down, exactly who is going to get the puck out of the defensive zone if both Edler and Tanev are dealt away? I get wanting to deal these guys while they have value and while Tanev is actually healthy but they are both damn good d men and mask a ton of warts on that blue line
If the Canucks were able to move Tanev and Edler, at least part of what would have to come back in the barrage of trades that Skyo suggested (and I endorsed) would be a couple (or more) of D-men with high ceilings, probably currently playing in the AHL, who are far enough along in their development that they wouldn't be ruined by graduating to more difficult competition.

As I'm sure you know, I am of the school that it doesn't matter how many goals are scored against the Canucks in 2017-2018, or even 2018-2019, as long as the younger players are learning and developing.

Locked