The Rebuild...

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mr.Miyagi
CC Veteran

Re: The Rebuild...

Post by Mr.Miyagi »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
Tciso wrote:After losing 4 in a row, we are now 7 points behind Calgary for 8th, and 6 behind LA who is in 9th.

The Democrats, Republicans and Trump all agree our playoff hopes are over. Can we finally start selling ????
Man, we were right there and we had a good chance, but in the month of January we had some winnable games, but didn't (ie: Phoenix b4 all-star break), so we lost alot of points in a few games there. I know every game is tough in the NHL and in any given night any team can win, but if u wanna make the playoffs, u gotta capitalize on your chances more often than not. Our guys failed to do that.

This road trip will make it or break it for us. We had a bad start vs Nashville yesterday, but we pretty much have to win every game here to have a chance. .500 hockey the rest of the way won't be enuff, we definitely in tuff with some tuff games here. If we have a poor road trip, JB should definitely start selling.
Yeah snooz, I look at those lost points and just SMH. I often think of the 9-game skid in October/November ... had we won 3 or 4 of those even ... we would still be in the thick of the playoff hunt.

Woulda shoulda coulda. It sucks. Tough to watch sometimes.
In Okinawa, all Miyagi know two things: hockey and karate.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

micky107 wrote:
And if you cannot find a dance partner, maybe, just maybe it's time to try them ON DIFFERENT LINES!
It will not hurt anything at this point, in fact, the only thing it can do is show a different look for all, (and I do mean all), to see.
It's a door that we've only peaked through, never opened up.
Is there a rule no one knows about?
Probably your best post ever. Sedins have slowed down to a grinding halt. Split them up or at least put Hansen back with them. Eriksson is too slow. You can't have a whole line of slugs.

Baertschi Horvat Sedin
Eriksson Sedin Hansen
Burrows Sutter Granlund

Fuck is that ever a group of wet farts .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
micky107 wrote:
And if you cannot find a dance partner, maybe, just maybe it's time to try them ON DIFFERENT LINES!
It will not hurt anything at this point, in fact, the only thing it can do is show a different look for all, (and I do mean all), to see.
It's a door that we've only peaked through, never opened up.
Is there a rule no one knows about?
Probably your best post ever. Sedins have slowed down to a grinding halt. Split them up or at least put Hansen back with them. Eriksson is too slow. You can't have a whole line of slugs.

Baertschi Horvat Sedin
Eriksson Sedin Hansen
Burrows Sutter Granlund

Fuck is that ever a group of wet farts .
I guess we could insert Bonino and Shinkaruk and Rasmus Andersson for Sutter and Granlund and Baeetschi. Would that be better?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Or signed Belesky and McGinn. Two cheap free agents that can play hard nosed and score.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Or signed Belesky and McGinn. Two cheap free agents that can play hard nosed and score.
Saviours them
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Or signed Belesky and McGinn. Two cheap free agents that can play hard nosed and score.
Saviours them
20 goal guys who make 3-4 million annually. Both could have been had on the UFA market and both play with an edge. Oh I forgot you like the soft shitty wet farts that wouldn't break a dozen eggs in a corner.
Cherry Picker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Cherry Picker »

Top ten things Claude Julian or Ken Hitchcock would do if hired as the new head coach of your Vancouver Canucks.

10. Drive Larsen and Megna to the airport
9. Try playing Trymakin in front of the net on the powerplay
8. Split up the Sedins
7. Take Sutter off the powerplay and make him a shutdown centre on the third line
6. Try a unique strategy never seen in Vancouver - line matching
5. Keep Eriksson and Granlund together
4. Increase ice time for best lines and players - playing Horvat and Hansen to death
3. Reward someone/anyone willing to break noses with a call-up and mucho ice time
2. Turn Hutton into a frowning, grumpy top two defenseman
1. Throw out a bunch of clipboards
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Cherry Picker wrote:Top ten things Claude Julian or Ken Hitchcock would do if hired as the new head coach of your Vancouver Canucks.

10. Drive Larsen and Megna to the airport
9. Try playing Trymakin in front of the net on the powerplay
8. Split up the Sedins
7. Take Sutter off the powerplay and make him a shutdown centre on the third line
6. Try a unique strategy never seen in Vancouver - line matching
5. Keep Eriksson and Granlund together
4. Increase ice time for best lines and players - playing Horvat and Hansen to death
3. Reward someone/anyone willing to break noses with a call-up and mucho ice time
2. Turn Hutton into a frowning, grumpy top two defenseman
1. Throw out a bunch of clipboards

I know you meant some of this to be funny.
But it's just too accurate.
What I'm saying is: Great post, buddy. Great post. :)
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Cherry Picker wrote:Top ten things Claude Julian or Ken Hitchcock would do if hired as the new head coach of your Vancouver Canucks.

(bunch of pro head coaching skills)
We need to do a blackhawks (http://blackhawksmoments.blogspot.ca/20 ... ville.html) and hire Julien to be a pro scout, just get him locked into the organization, then after willie is sadly let go, *bill belichick looks at you* I mean is fired, Julien can be promoted to head coach with some input on player personel plus the obvious mega contract.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

I don't know how this team operates next year with Miller gone and Markstrom appointed the #1 spot.
Don't think he can do 50+ games.
Very much doubt Demko is ready for a full slate of games next year.
Would hate to see a retread signed just to get by.
This is not something I would ignore till the last moment...
"evolution"
Zedlee
CC Veteran

Post by Zedlee »

micky107 wrote:I don't know how this team operates next year with Miller gone and Markstrom appointed the #1 spot.
Don't think he can do 50+ games.
Very much doubt Demko is ready for a full slate of games next year.
Would hate to see a retread signed just to get by.
This is not something I would ignore till the last moment...
Good points. Our goaltending has been a bright spot...imagine how bad we would be if we didn't have Miller?
Demko is not ready yet...so we need Markstrom/Miller for another year or two. Problem is would Miller even want to re-sign here? With the Sedins in decline (and gone in a year) we will likely not be a playoff team. Not very appealing. Unless we throw crazy money and term at Miller, which would be dumb. Tough situation.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

If Miller wants to sign for around 4 million on a one year deal, bring him back. I have a feeling he will want two years and be looking for 5 million. He probably will get it too. He's still a decent goalie and better than half the starters in the league.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:If Miller wants to sign for around 4 million on a one year deal, bring him back. I have a feeling he will want two years and be looking for 5 million. He probably will get it too. He's still a decent goalie and better than half the starters in the league.
I thought you were ready to hand the #1 to Marstrom - having a change of heart, or just think it would be good to keep Miller around in case Demko shows up next year?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The coach and the manager clearly have little faith in Markstrom. I think if he actually got 40+ games he would do fine. They roll him out there every 7-10 days and are puzzled when he lets in a bad goal. Regardless they need another goalie besides Markstrom for next season but I wouldn't give him more than 4 for a year. I don't think he takes that. So then you sign another guy that can give you 30-40 starts and see if Jacob has the goods.
Last edited by Blob Mckenzie on Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

Ya I imagine Miller will want two years as well. And I honestly don't think Benning would balk at that. They really don't see Markstrom as a better option than Miller. It will all be up to Miller. I can't see them signing a deal before the expansion draft but I can see them feeling each other out.

Miller will want to stay as close as he can to LA. Anaheim is the team to watch come July first. Barring a Cup win by them and with their need to win now and the fact they wanted Miller before but were not willing to offer term and salary as were the Canucks, I can see Miller waiting to test free agency again. Anaheim just might be in a position to bite and offer two years at four per and if they do Miller will take it. It was what they offered before but he obviously went for 3x6. Now, it may seem more attractive to him.

I also don't rule out Vegas. If Miller parks his Cup dream.
The only HW the Canucks need