From Bountiful to Ponoka

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

clem
AHL Prospect

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Post by clem »

Zamboni Driver wrote:What's with all the hate for Calgary?
And what's wrong with their board, is it heavily moderated or something?

Havn't bothered to look, just curious
The incidence of ignorant posts on Calgarypuck is amazing.

Calgarypuck is not Calgary.
dhabums
CC Veteran

Post by dhabums »

Zamboni Driver wrote:What's with all the hate for Calgary?
And what's wrong with their board, is it heavily moderated or something?

Havn't bothered to look, just curious
It's not Calgary, it's the forgetful awesome stupidity of that site. Imagine if you took the bottom half of CDC, made it non-NHL site with a retard as a moderator and let it breed. I can't figure out how the few smart people there stay. Maybe they just feel so superior there?
CrzyCanuck
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by CrzyCanuck »

Didn't it all start with the heat exchanged between CC and Calpuke back when Canucks and Calgary were rivals? Some Calpuke members started posting on CC and that caught some people's attention and some of us started browsing or surfing the other side of the world - Calpuke only to realize how stupid people can be.
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

Ya, and they started this shit about the Canucks being divers and whiners :evil: :evil: . They would rather watch the Canucks lose than the Flames win. Pretty smug young'uns.
The only HW the Canucks need
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Hockey Widow wrote:They would rather watch the Canucks lose than the Flames win.
To be fair, the feeling is mutual. I was rooting for Carolina and Tampa Bay. Fuck the Flames. Fuck the Oilers. Fuck the leaves too for that matter. Go Canucks Go.
tantalum
CC Veteran

Post by tantalum »

Bountiful was a good board coming out of the rivals era. One of the best hockey boards in fact. Then they began to let the inmates run the asylum. Fans of other teams started to get banned for offenses far less than what a Flames fan would do on a day to day basis. Then D'arcy started to try to get people he banned on his board on other boards in some sort of BS agreement...etc etc etc etc etc

Then came the Flames cup run. All of a sudden guys who didn't care about hockey and hadn't been to a Flames game for years (if ever) were lifelong flames fans. They decided they needed a message board to talk nonsense on so they flocked to Bountiful completely dropping the standards even more. Now what you have is a site overrun with immature teenagers/early 20's who decided the Flames were their team 8 years ago during that run.
Zamboni Driver
CC Rookie

Post by Zamboni Driver »

tantalum wrote:Bountiful was a good board coming out of the rivals era. One of the best hockey boards in fact. Then they began to let the inmates run the asylum. .
Is it still around?
Hockey Widow wrote:Ya, and they started this shit about the Canucks being divers and whiners
It would be nice if the NHL would just figure out the rules and stick to them. :mad: They figure that the NHL is going away from the clutch & grab "dead puck" era, so you build your team with skilled players. (ie Canucks) Then the refs drop standards to allow the "goon" teams to smother the skilled teams, and you get this kind of crap that they blame the Canucks for.

(ie looking directly at the refs after you've been fouled in obvious fashion becomes "whining") :scowl:
Blaster86
AHL Prospect

Post by Blaster86 »

tantalum wrote: Then came the Flames cup run. All of a sudden guys who didn't care about hockey and hadn't been to a Flames game for years (if ever) were lifelong flames fans. They decided they needed a message board to talk nonsense on so they flocked to Bountiful completely dropping the standards even more. Now what you have is a site overrun with immature teenagers/early 20's who decided the Flames were their team 8 years ago during that run.

To be fair, I think FDC forum being closed down had a lot more to do with it. It'd be like CDC losing its forum and everyone flocking here.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

I
Blaster86 wrote:
tantalum wrote: Then came the Flames cup run. All of a sudden guys who didn't care about hockey and hadn't been to a Flames game for years (if ever) were lifelong flames fans. They decided they needed a message board to talk nonsense on so they flocked to Bountiful completely dropping the standards even more. Now what you have is a site overrun with immature teenagers/early 20's who decided the Flames were their team 8 years ago during that run.

To be fair, I think FDC forum being closed down had a lot more to do with it. It'd be like CDC losing its forum and everyone flocking here.
But a migration as u describe......never happen :stupid:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
tantalum
CC Veteran

Post by tantalum »

Blaster86 wrote: To be fair, I think FDC forum being closed down had a lot more to do with it. It'd be like CDC losing its forum and everyone flocking here.
It's still the same idiots that became Flames fans during that run.

I lived in Calgary before, during and after that run. Before that run you were hard pressed to find a Flames fans. They certainly weren't going to games (I can guarantee I bought more tickets than any non-season ticket holder Flames fans during the lean years because as mush as I hated the Flames it would have been a huge loss to the city to lose that team).
Fred
CC Rookie

Post by Fred »

It would be nice if the NHL would just figure out the rules and stick to them. They figure that the NHL is going away from the clutch & grab "dead puck" era, so you build your team with skilled players. (ie Canucks) Then the refs drop standards to allow the "goon" teams to smother the skilled teams, and you get this kind of crap that they blame the Canucks for.
It must send the GM's of the league nuts trying to figure out which kind of player they want, especally in the Salary Cap era when changing a roster is almost impossible ( tough as Hell to make a trade now )
cheers
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

tantalum wrote:
Blaster86 wrote: To be fair, I think FDC forum being closed down had a lot more to do with it. It'd be like CDC losing its forum and everyone flocking here.
It's still the same idiots that became Flames fans during that run.

I lived in Calgary before, during and after that run. Before that run you were hard pressed to find a Flames fans. They certainly weren't going to games (I can guarantee I bought more tickets than any non-season ticket holder Flames fans during the lean years because as mush as I hated the Flames it would have been a huge loss to the city to lose that team).
Agreed, tant. Losing the Flames would have really hurt the city of Calgary of getting any sort of big pro-franchise in the future.

All fan bases have a whole lot of idiot fans, but I have to say, Toronto takes the cake and Calgary comes a close second. But unlike the leaves fans who have been stupid at birth about their allegiance to a hockey team, Flames fans are the worst band-wagoners out there.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

LotusBlossom wrote: But unlike the leaves fans who have been stupid at birth about their allegiance to a hockey team, Flames fans are the worst band-wagoners out there.

Ya see Donny, it isn't my fault, I was born that way!
The only HW the Canucks need
donlever
MVP
MVP

Post by donlever »

Hockey Widow wrote:
LotusBlossom wrote: But unlike the leaves fans who have been stupid at birth about their allegiance to a hockey team, Flames fans are the worst band-wagoners out there.

Ya see Donny, it isn't my fault, I was born that way!

Hmmn.

Last week a blustery, beligerent, post menopausal redhead who farts as she elbows young punks aside on the bus.

This week Lady Gaga.

Gemini by chance?
DeLevering since 1999.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Apparently the Canucks are in tough against any of the potential teams they could end up playing in the playoffs this spring. http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showpost.p ... stcount=16

I get that dude is all butthurt that his team will miss the playoffs again and have as bright of a future as Rosanne Barr, but why make shit up and fabricate stuff. If you really believe that those teams all pose such a huge threat to the Canucks then you are a fucking retard. I guess that's why he posts there.

Of the 7-11 place teams he doesn't see a good matchup for Vancouver. I do, i see 5 of them. LA is the onlty team that might pose a threat but they are woefully thin on the blue line . If Scuderi and Mitchell are both in your top 4 you got issues.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”