Prized Possesions

Do you collect hockey cards or other hockey/Canucks memorabilia? Dicuss your collections in this forum and network with other collectors.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: Prized Possesions

Post by Benjo »

I've got a Patrick Roy card from the 90-91 Pro-Set trading cards set. He signed 1000 in silver marker at the factory and those went out in the packs of cards. When I opened it way back in 91 it was worth $1,000 in the Beckett.
Mr.Miyagi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Mr.Miyagi »

Signed 8x10 of Crosby at the WJC when he was 16.
Signed 8x10 of Kesler (sentimental, not really worth much $$ ... yet ...)
Signed Kesler Jersey (current style home)
all certified.

Roy Rookie card near mint
Signed Beckett "Goal King 802" of the great one. No certification but I met him and watched him sign it so I know it's real. :P
Gretzky rookie card in horrible shape.
Lemieux rookie card in fair shape.

I have had awesome offers for the Gretzky and Lemieux cards but haven't considered selling. They were birthday gifts from my grandfather many, many years ago.
In Okinawa, all Miyagi know two things: hockey and karate.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

From the 2010 Olympics, I bought a team picture, framed in with an Olympic Gold Medal game ticket stub. The coolest thing about the the whole is that it also has a piece of one of the nets from the game in it. I guess having my own ticket stub to the 2010 Gold Medal Hockey game is pretty cool as well, but this is definitely a new one of our sports memorabilia here at home.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

I have a lot of Flames memorabilia, including a jersey signed by Mike Vernon. I did a project for Mike Vernon, and I negotiated a signed jersey into the deal as part of the payment.

Anyway, I do have one Canucks item - I have a 1971 Canucks Puck, that is signed by all the members of the team.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

I have a jovo/doan signed puck...
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
ORCA
CC Veteran

Post by ORCA »

Neat idea for a thread.

Off the top of my brain...
(The Inheretence): These are my Dad's right now... but as he doesn't bother with message boards, I'll brag for him.
Pretty much every "immortal" hall of famer rookie card I can think of.
My grandfather's friend was an employee at Parkhurst (the cards were called "parkies"), that started printing hockey cards in the early 50s. Among that collection are Howe and Richard "rookie" cards, that aren't actually rookie cards, but because of about a 10 year print gap mostly due to WW2, this was the first time they (Richard and Howe) had been featured on hockey cards.

There are lots of 'un-notables' too, but the fact that the entire set is from the 51-52 season, its pretty neat.
My old man has these in a safe, in a bank. They will be mine when he is gone.

He also has a game used signed stick from Bobby Orr, and a signed Orr jersey.

My stash is far less "cool":
I have a number of complete season sets of UpperDeck cards from the early 90s. Lots of neat ones in there: Bure, Lindros WC card, etc.

Notable Random Rookie Cards:
Mario Lemieux, Joe Sakic, Peter Forsberg, Mats Sundin, Mike Bossy, Mike Modano, Steve Y, Sergei Fedorov, Teemu Selanne, Martin Brodeur, Pat Roy, Nik Lidstrom, etc...They range in quality, most are in great shape and in hard plastic. Some have bent corners :(. Never did get my hands on a a gretzky rookie card... maybe eventually but they are too damn expensive.
~Your Friendly Neighborhood Killer Whale
ORCA
CC Veteran

Post by ORCA »

Canucks specific stuff:

- A Kirk McLean signed white face towel that my grandmother gave me from the cupboard to go to my first ever playoff game (game 6) in 1994 against calgary with.

- By total fluke, 9 holes of golf with Trevor and 2 of his friends at Northridge G&CC in 1999. I was a single and I caught them, they asked me to join them on the back nine. Trevor was in the john so when he strolled up to the 10th tee I nearly shit my pants. Pretty sure his golf pals decided to see if I'd figure it out on my own.
- Cliff Ronning signed card, and puck
- Pavel Bure signed puck from a summer hockey school "surprise" visit.

I don't have much to show for the "modern" Canucks, other than almost running over Daniel Sedin while I was chasing down a frisbee in a park on False Creek one day. He was fascinated by my Aerobee disc and almost launched it into the water trying to throw it back to my friend. They really fly. :)
~Your Friendly Neighborhood Killer Whale
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

The Man Cave:

Signed Bieksa fight 8x10
Game-used Bieksa stick.
Large (I dunno how big) Linden signed/framed wearing the C pic.
Lindens last game, goodbye wave signed/framed.
Linden draft photo, 8x10 signed. (yep, lil shrine to Trev...)

Former Canucks:
Byran Allen signed 8x10
Dan Cloutier (as a Ranger) beating the shit out of Tommy Salo signed 8x10
Wade Brookbank signed fight 8x10
Cody Hodgson signed Brampton Batallion Jersey (glad I didn't go for a Canucks jersey).
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Official Esso 1972 Team Russia program
Newspaper clipping photo September 29th, 1972
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote:Official Esso 1972 Team Russia program
Newspaper clipping photo September 29th, 1972
You must have been in your late 20s wtf were you doing collecting programs at that age ?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The newspaper clipping is something I've somehow had since day 1. The program I found on to of a pile of magazines at an apartment I once rented in Marpole. Under the Russia program the Life Magazine Issue for Apollo 11.

I had both the Team Canada and Team Russia posters on my wall, (along with Rachel) as a kid.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.