Old Canucks Album

Do you collect hockey cards or other hockey/Canucks memorabilia? Dicuss your collections in this forum and network with other collectors.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Old Canucks Album

Post by Cornuck »

One of my finds on ebay was an old LP put out by the Canucks called "Hockey - With a little from your friends".

It's circa 1975, and features Canucks players telling their stories with minor tips on hockey.

For those that are interested, I am posted MP3's of the vinyl in 2 files - Side one and Side two.

SIde one features:
Don Lever
Rick Blight
Bob Dailey
Dennis Ververgaert

Side two features:
Curt Ridley
Harold Snepsts
Phil Maloney
Theme Tune

Download side one (13mb)
Here

Download side two (13mb)
Here

Maybe this little blast from past will take your mind off of last season (a little).
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Joe Rockhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Joe Rockhead »

Cool it was neat to hear my favorite player Dennis Ververgaert talk about skills.

This Christmas my wife got me a 77 style Canucks jersey with Ververgaert on the back! I like it even more than my Orr jersey I got last year!

If you go to youtube and look up Wayne Cashman vs Dennis Ververgaert you can see Verve as a rookie scrap Cashman! Wayne gets the drop on Dennis right away but Ververgaert comes back strong! If you watch it a few times you'll notice Dennis hurts Cashman half way through and continues to land some heavy shots untill the end. Ververgaert is the clear winner and only a rookie!
Don Cherry for P.M.
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

Ververgaert .... I remember him ... he used to be one of my favourite players back then too .... wasn't much more than 10 I don't think !!! Pretty sweet gettin' a vintage jersey of him !!

Whats the guy doing nowadays ??

Grizz
Joe Rockhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Joe Rockhead »

It was cool Grizz! You can tell your wife still loves you when she thinks that much about a gift.

I'm pretty sure he's a Insurance salesman now. Met him once at GM Place in the smoking area, it was pretty cool.; Even though I was close to 40 at the time I kinda acted like a kid!
Don Cherry for P.M.
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

Even though I was close to 40 at the time I kinda acted like a kid!
... thats the best part eh ??? lol ... I woulda done the same !!! Childhood hero's !!!

Grizz
puckhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by puckhead »

thank you for making this available.

when I was a kid playing road hockey, I always pretended to be Rick Blight. I have no idea why, but I thought he was pretty cool.
----------------------------
We got LUONGO!!!!!!!!!!
Cannie
CC Veteran

Re: Old Canucks Album

Post by Cannie »

Blight, Ververgaert, Kearns, Lever, Oddleifson: my heroes in my formative 6 to 10 year-old days.

Rick Blight's house was on my paper route - I never had the guts to knock on his door.

Funny story, my best friend Greg got 2 goalie sticks from the Canucks goalies in 1978. One from Cesare Maniago and the other from Curt Ridley. He kept the Maniago stick on his bedroom wall and we ended up using the Ridley stick for street hockey!

Even worse, I used the 1978 Vancouver Whitecaps autographed soccer ball as my main soccer ball that year. The autographs were already worn off when it got run over by a car soon after.

Sigh: I bet a lot of us collectors have such stories.
:towel: :towel: :towel: GO CANUCKS GO!!! :towel: :towel: :towel:
puckhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: Old Canucks Album

Post by puckhead »

Cannie wrote:Sigh: I bet a lot of us collectors have such stories.
I used Tiger Williams' hockey stick in a few league games when I was about 12 years old. Fortunately, I didn't break it.
but now it's "game used" :lol:
----------------------------
We got LUONGO!!!!!!!!!!