Favourite card that you own

Do you collect hockey cards or other hockey/Canucks memorabilia? Dicuss your collections in this forum and network with other collectors.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Favourite card that you own

Post by Cornuck »

Since we have a new section, I figured I'd get another thread going.

Name your one prized card that you own now.

Mine is the BAP Memorabilia card with a piece Georges Vezina's pad. It's nice to own a (small) piece of history like that, and it was quite controversial when it came out. I bought it as gift to myself when I got a new job to celebrate.

Mine's in a box right now, but here's what it looks like:
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
trevor corey
MVP
MVP

Post by trevor corey »

Trevor Linden rookie. Cheap on e-bay. I also have a coupla Luongo cards non action pose with retro jersey, one facing front and one from behind. I really want a Luongo in action as a Canuck, dont know if such a card exists.
"put some Preperation H on the guy and he'd disappear"
Brian Burke
ververgaert
MVP
MVP

Post by ververgaert »

My collection of Dennis Ververgaert cards. He was always my favorite as a kid and picking up all his opee-chee cards was like stepping back into my childhood.
Don Cherry for Prime Minister
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

Trevor, the card you want certainly exists.... in the 06/07 UD balck diamond series... theres a quad diamond Luongo... and its roberto making a glorious save!!

I think I honestly love all the cards I have. some favorites that come to mind would be my ITG heroes and prospects Sidney Crosby autograph. I rescently got a Sidney crosby high school card from when he played at shaddox st mary's..... but I think right now, my fave is my Black Diamond Malkin rookie.... 8-)
BELIEVE.

"we did a fucking great job"
Jonathan Toews
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

I have two top favourites right now ...

... a 1976 Bobby Orr Canada Cup card - autographed. Its not made by a major card manufacturer and I believe it is one of a 100 cards of the 1976 Canada Cup set. I don't think the actual card itself is worth a lwhole lot but the fact its autographed might make it of more value.

... a Valerie Kharlamov swatch card ... it is a very limited issue ... serial numbered.

Lots of other favourites ....

Tons of rookies from the 80's though - Gretzky, Messier, Hull, Lemieux, Bossy, Neely, Gartner, Linden, Sakic, Coffey, Kurri, Fuhr, - wish I had a Roy - missed that one !!

Anyone collect the Missing Link set - I think it was the 56-57 Parkhurst - thats a cool set I really like - came out in '94 but it was done like the old cards ... plain card not glossy with the brown backs.

There was also a set like that from Parkhurst that was reissued in '94 for the early 60's. I have that set as well - actually have a Frank Mahovlich Future Star insert card for that one ... pretty cool.

Anyways ... lots of fun ... I'll have to go back and start looking at them and see what else I can dig up ... got them all in boxes, binders and plastic in the storage cupboard. My son who is 10 will one day appreciate them !!

Grizz
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Re: Favourite card that you own

Post by Grizzly »

Cornuck wrote:Since we have a new section, I figured I'd get another thread going.

Name your one prized card that you own now.

Mine is the BAP Memorabilia card with a piece Georges Vezina's pad. It's nice to own a (small) piece of history like that, and it was quite controversial when it came out. I bought it as gift to myself when I got a new job to celebrate.

Mine's in a box right now, but here's what it looks like:
Thats a beauty Cornuck ... love the swatches.

Grizz
jchockey
MVP
MVP

Post by jchockey »

trevor corey wrote:Trevor Linden rookie. Cheap on e-bay. I also have a coupla Luongo cards non action pose with retro jersey, one facing front and one from behind. I really want a Luongo in action as a Canuck, dont know if such a card exists.
The Trevor Linden rookie. Is it the one with the Canucks V-jersey and Trev's lining up without a helmet for a faceoff or something?
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

Here's a link to his Topps card ... picture is the same in the O Pee Chee ... Linden didn't actually play with the V-Jersey btw ...

http://shop.nhl.com/sm-topps-1989-90-tr ... 30720.html

Grizz
luongos#1fan
AHL Prospect

Post by luongos#1fan »

hmmm.............
gretzky rookie
crosby rookie
luongo signed
thornton game worn jersey card
bondra game worn jersey card
hmm.....................