Who are the Card Collectors here???

Do you collect hockey cards or other hockey/Canucks memorabilia? Dicuss your collections in this forum and network with other collectors.
scruffy

Post by scruffy »

Hi Everyone,

I've been a card collector and former card flicker since 1970 when I was 7 and the Canucks came into the league. Dad used to bring home my sister and I a pack of O-Pee-Chee cards every day when he came home from work. I can't tell you how many hundreds of cards i won from other kids at Weir Elementary in Vancouver back in the day. All the boys used to get so mad when I would win all their cards. LOL

Believe it or not, I still have all the cards I had from back then. I stopped buying cards about 10 years ago but still pull the cards out from time to time. Have many Rookie cards (Gretzky, Bure, Lemieux), but some of my favs are old Bobby Orr cards (my fav player of all time), Gordie Howe and just the old time Canucks in general. Always makes me smile to remember all our former players.

Nice to have a forum like this to chat in. Thanks to the Webmaster on CC.

Nancy
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

scruffy wrote:Hi Everyone,

I've been a card collector and former card flicker since 1970 when I was 7 and the Canucks came into the league. Dad used to bring home my sister and I a pack of O-Pee-Chee cards every day when he came home from work. I can't tell you how many hundreds of cards i won from other kids at Weir Elementary in Vancouver back in the day. All the boys used to get so mad when I would win all their cards. LOL

Believe it or not, I still have all the cards I had from back then. I stopped buying cards about 10 years ago but still pull the cards out from time to time. Have many Rookie cards (Gretzky, Bure, Lemieux), but some of my favs are old Bobby Orr cards (my fav player of all time), Gordie Howe and just the old time Canucks in general. Always makes me smile to remember all our former players.

Nice to have a forum like this to chat in. Thanks to the Webmaster on CC.

Nancy
Welcome Scruffy ... !!

Sounds like you have a pretty good collection ... we used to flick cards for hours and hours at school too ... lots of fun ... So what years are your Orr and Howe cards ??

Grizz
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Nice thread, i had just about 20 Gino Odjick cards bought in Van from the early 90ies. All the same and i'm trying to give one of it away everytime i met a pretty girl, still about 10 left. :mrgreen:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

Cookie La Rue wrote:Nice thread, i had just about 20 Gino Odjick cards bought in Van from the early 90ies. All the same and i'm trying to give one of it away everytime i met a pretty girl, still about 10 left. :mrgreen:
Hey Cookie that works out to be only about 1 pretty girl every two years .... whats with that ??? or did you just give the 10 away in the first month ... the 10th being your current girlfriend/wife ?? lol !

Grizz
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Grizzly wrote:Hey Cookie that works out to be only about 1 pretty girl every two years .... whats with that ??? or did you just give the 10 away in the first month ... the 10th being your current girlfriend/wife ?? lol !
:lol: Go figure.

Maybe there's something wrong with pretty girls nowadays or perhaps with me... :mrgreen:

ps: I give away my Gino cards just to special ones, not to everybody. 8-)
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'