Suggestions

Forum to ask technical questions about the board or make suggestions for the site.

Moderator: Referees

LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Re: Suggestions

Post by LotusBlossom »

I just read this...LOL

A rating system?

What is this....1999?

:lol:
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Mantle
CC Veteran

Post by Mantle »

Any consideration for making the forums more mobile browser friendly? It's not usable with one handed operation at the moment.
Brian CC
Site Admin

Post by Brian CC »

Ummm I'm afraid to ask...one handed operation?
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

hi there... i find it curious that the front page leading articles are quite DATED... should/could there not be an effort made to provide current articles? How about a pic or article that speaks to the last Canuck game instead of some out-dated article on season review or midway bandwagon stuff?? who cares about that stuff anyways??
cc oldtimer
Brian CC
Site Admin

Post by Brian CC »

Let me clear up your curiosity.

The people that write for the site do so on their own time and without compensation. I run this site on my own time and without compensation. All of us have jobs and other responsibilities. The last time I checked, no one is being charged anything to subscribe to this site, there are no annoying pop up ads that give you a seizure every time you log on.

So, that considered I think it's acceptable that they write when they can write. Would I like more writers? Absolutely, and I've asked people on this board to step up if their interested and no one has ever done so.

So maybe consider these things before you make a comment like you just did.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Brian CC wrote:Let me clear up your curiosity.

The people that write for the site do so on their own time and without compensation. I run this site on my own time and without compensation. All of us have jobs and other responsibilities. The last time I checked, no one is being charged anything to subscribe to this site, there are no annoying pop up ads that give you a seizure every time you log on.

So, that considered I think it's acceptable that they write when they can write. Would I like more writers? Absolutely, and I've asked people on this board to step up if their interested and no one has ever done so.

I feel bad now that I didn't do that comic strip...it's still in me but there is only so much energy for us old guys eh?! 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Brian CC
Site Admin

Post by Brian CC »

Lol, no worries Ronn...Hey if you ever want to do it...
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Brian CC wrote:Let me clear up your curiosity.

In all fairness, I should be writing more, this year has just been a crazy year for work and growth of it for me as well as, I'm keeping a promise to my kiddo and hubby to have more quality family time, since when I do head out of town for work, I'm gone for a good couple of weeks at a time.

Last season, I was writing about 2-3 articles a month but this season has been pretty hard to keep up with the team on just a regular fan level, let alone write about them when I can. So I apologize as a member of the writing team with my lack of 'effort' this year. My brain can only write so much in one day (which is what I basically do for a living on a different level) so when it comes to writing about the team, I am mush. :(
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Brian CC
Site Admin

Post by Brian CC »

No worries LB, I appreciate everything you do.

We all have lives to live, bills to pay!