Suggestions

Forum to ask technical questions about the board or make suggestions for the site.

Moderator: Referees

JCardinal
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Suggestions

Post by JCardinal »

I made some suggestions weeks ago about broken links, broken images, things which aren't working well and while none of them were fixed and I felt like I wasted my time posting about them, I didn't think my post would just get deleted outright.

What's up with that?
Last edited by JCardinal on Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brian CC
Site Admin

Re: Um..is there any point in making suggestions?

Post by Brian CC »

There is a problem with that forum...it's auto pruning when it shouldn't be.

Secondly, please understand that it costs you nothing to post here, and this is somethign I do in my free time, of which I have had next to none of late. No one wants the site running smoothly more than I do.

I apologize, but unless someone wants to pay me to make this a full time job and pay my mortgage, please have patience.
Brian CC
Site Admin

Post by Brian CC »

Auto pruning issue has been fixed...
Brian CC
Site Admin

Post by Brian CC »

Broken images on forum front page fixed....
JCardinal
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JCardinal »

Brian CC wrote:There is a problem with that forum...it's auto pruning when it shouldn't be.

Secondly, please understand that it costs you nothing to post here, and this is somethign I do in my free time, of which I have had next to none of late. No one wants the site running smoothly more than I do.

I apologize, but unless someone wants to pay me to make this a full time job and pay my mortgage, please have patience.
Sorry Brian, no offence intended, I apologize if I made you feel underappreciated in any way and yeah I was spouting off for no good reason there and being a dick, sorry, must have been grumpy this morning for some reason. I understand it takes time to do stuff when you are doing it on a volunteer basis in your spare time, I've been in that position before and I appreciate what you do, truly.

I didn't know at the time that there was an autopruning issue, I felt like I was trying to be helpful and getting ignored then deleted for my trouble.

Again, I apologize and I won't mention the other stuff again until some time has gone by. ;)
Brian CC
Site Admin

Post by Brian CC »

Sorry for the mixup...feel free to let me know about any other bugs you run across.

I do need and value everyone's feedback.
puckhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by puckhead »

couple of things:

1) links within posts should probably open in new window.
2) hate, hate hate, the "save" button. if you absolutely need it, maybe move it away from the others.
----------------------------
We got LUONGO!!!!!!!!!!
JCardinal
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JCardinal »

Yeah I absolutely *hate* the save button as well, that was on my original post. :)
It's way too easy to click it, almost instinctive and then your message seems to get lost in oblivion.
I finally realized if you simply cancel after clicking save it takes you back to your message so you can click post.

I wonder how many messages are sitting in the drafts area that people thought they posted but actually never did.

Also one of my other suggestions was that the link to the message board from the main page is lost and it's not evident at first that the site has a message board. I suggest it be made much more prominent.
rickkun
AHL Prospect

Re: Suggestions

Post by rickkun »

signing up for this forum was a pain. that number and letter game at the end of registration is lame. you can do it in a much clearer way. this forum isn't a national security threat
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

This forum has had a lot of spambots hitting it lately. At least you're on now and ready to post!

Welcome.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Brian CC
Site Admin

Post by Brian CC »

rickkun wrote:signing up for this forum was a pain. that number and letter game at the end of registration is lame. you can do it in a much clearer way. this forum isn't a national security threat
I'm sorry this forum is a "pain" to sign up for. Maybe you would like to see the hassle it is keeoping it clean from spam.

It never ceases to amaze me how people complain about somthing that costs them nothing.

The captcha verification at registration is typical for ANYTHING you sign up for in this spam filled world, and it's not going anywhere.

Welcome to the site.
the Cunning Linguist
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Cunning Linguist »

Our site has also been over-run with spammers lately, too. No, this isn't national security, it's about maintaining a great experience; there's a lot more work going on in the background than most of us realize. Thanks, Brian.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Anyway we can we rate posters?

Great board! Keep up the awesome work Brian!

SpideyMon
Last edited by Arachnid on Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Is there anyway to remove certain posts that aren't relevant to the thread...like taking personal shots? I feel that certain people shouldn't be taking any liberties on anyone unless it's actually a hockey matter, and one for great debate.

Addition: Loving the discussion on the hockey related boards. Great input and stances from the majority of the posters.

If certain people can't play nice because of certain things they don't like reading, they might think about removing themselves from the situation
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Brian CC
Site Admin

Post by Brian CC »

Not big on a rating system spidey, it creates cliques in my opinion, and I want everyone to feel encouraged to post.

Lotus if there are any posts that you feel cross the line, feel free to let the mods know and we can take appropriate action.