New history section

A forum for Canucks trivia, stats inquiries, this forum compliments our History Section database created by George Fawcett.

Moderator: Referees

George
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

New history section

Post by George »

In case you're getting a bit bored this offseason, just wanted to let everyone know that I've finally gotten around to re-launching the Team History portion of Canucks Corner (after promising Brian an update for a couple of years :)). I think you'll find the new version much more user-friendly and easier to navigate than the previous site. We've also updated all the player stats, refined the team records a little bit, and added photos to some of the early player profiles. I have a few more updates planned for the offseason, so please check back if you're interested.

http://canuckscorner.com/history

Also, please don't forget about the Canucks History board (where this post may have re-directed you to). It's been a bit neglected lately, but if you want to reminisce or hunt down some old trivia, please head on over....
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Thanks George - the way it was set up before was excellent, so I look forward to playing with this new version.

Great work!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
puckhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by puckhead »

wow, that is an amazing resource. thanks for making it available
----------------------------
We got LUONGO!!!!!!!!!!
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Yeah, nice update George.

I was just looking at the end of last season. Far too depressing for words. :(
sic puppy
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by sic puppy »

Great stuff, George !!

Lot's of new things to look back on......

I like the player info, especially with the players jersey numbers (should make Taylor's job easier) and the team info against the now defunct teams.

With respect tp players numbers, I see that Luc's number is listed only as #4.

Great addition to the site. 8-)
George
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by George »

sic puppy wrote:With respect tp players numbers, I see that Luc's number is listed only as #4.
Good eye... updated to include both numbers.

Thanks for the comments everyone...
Brian CC
Site Admin

Post by Brian CC »

Outstanding work George....a real gem for the site.
Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

Yea, thanks allot George, it's a great resource and fun to look back on. I actually found it via Google I hate to admit, but Brian should be happy to hear that! I looked up "2007 Vancouver Canucks Roster" and the top link was yours :thumbs:
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Speaking about the roster section, i guess that's a real gem on this site.

Love it to read all the names in all these years.... aaahh the memories. There are really some guys i forgot...

Thanks a lot George. :mex:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Ditchkens
AHL Prospect

Re: New history section

Post by Ditchkens »

George wrote:... I have a few more updates planned for the offseason, so please check back if you're interested.

http://canuckscorner.com/history

Also, please don't forget about the Canucks History board (where this post may have re-directed you to). It's been a bit neglected lately, but if you want to reminisce or hunt down some old trivia, please head on over....
I found the history data very useful, unfortunately the link currently points to a blank page (actually an empty unix directory). Will the database be restored or is it located elsewhere.

Thanks
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

The history section is gone. The person who was updating it and maintaining it isn't around any more.

It will be missed - RIP.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

I hope the material is all saved somewhere. I'm sure someone would be willing to take it on. One day, this might be something I'd be interested in, but I'm a little too busy with my micro-Canucks (aged 2 and 4) at this point in time. [yeah, that sounds like a lame excuse, but it is true]

George: if you happen to be browsing still, thanks for your efforts.