2015-16 Utica Comets

Talk about your favorite prospects and the happenings of the Canucks AHL affiliate, the Abbotsford Canucks.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: 2015-16 Utica Comets

Post by Hockey Widow »

Uncle dans leg wrote:Lol...
Is that Wids in the bottom corner?

Oh come on!?!?!!?!?
The only HW the Canucks need
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Bernier after posing 3 shutouts in 3 AHL games, he lets in 3 goals on 11 shots vs the mighty baby canucks. :thumbs:
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote:Bernier after posing 3 shutouts in 3 AHL games, he lets in 3 goals on 11 shots vs the mighty baby canucks. :thumbs:
Game over, Bernier gave up 5 goals total on 26 shots. :thumbs:

Comets win in overtime on their second short-handed goal of the game.

(it's tough watching the Marlies due to ridiculous favoritism by the refs btw)

Here's the overtime goal, Alex "Clutch" Friesen makes William "Pretty Boy" Nylander his bitch:

https://streamable.com/gsna

Apparently after you score the first goal on Bernier, start calling him "Nelson" and he falls apart. :mex:

BTW there was another goal scored by Sautner that the refs waved off for nonexistent contact with Bernier...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote:Apparently after you score the first goal on Bernier, start calling him "Nelson" and he falls apart. :mex:
Hypnotic.

I think I've done a tab of blotter that looked like that.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

I want Nylander to fail as much as any self-respecting Canucks fan, but the little poofter has some serious skills.

Fuck.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Really surprised that Cassels is struggling with adjustment to the AHL. Gaunce is really on fire lately. This guy is getting near close to ready for the NHL. I see Shinkaruk is Mr. Hot and Cold. Surprised that Jensen is still hanging around and not headed for Europe hockey.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
TDA Rum
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by TDA Rum »

Gaunce with 2 amazing goals, 1 to tie game with 1:45 left in the game, and the 2nd scored 5 seconds into overtime to win the game....
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Gaunce is kicking arse. I thought he deserved a longer look this year and I fully expect him to make the team permanently at some point next year. It seems like Benning's picks have an easier road to the NHL than that other guy's, although I can't for the life of me understand why. :roll:

I think his size and defensive acumen give him a better shot at making the Big Show than his teammate and fellow Gillis pick Shinkaruk. Just seems like a very smart player, it's too bad he doesn't smash motherfuckers.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Gaunce's footspeed will be what gets him or prevents him from the NHL, regardless of how he plays in the 'A'. I hope, for his sake, that's come along enough from his days in Belleville. Otherwise, I'd say he's ready to play in that bottom-six role
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Comets sign '15 5th round pick Carl Neill to an ATO today.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Comets vs Devils tied 1-1. *now 3-1 dev's :?

Cassels scored, didn't know they had him on RW.

Interesting, might improve his odds on making the Canucks if we can clear out some vets like Burrows.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

IIRC, Cassels was moved to the wing at training camp to ease with his pro transition. Needless to say, he's had a rough inaugural season, but I think it's safe to say his off-season shoulder surgery has really hampered his development.

Having a full summer to train should help him have a bounce back sophomore year. Gaunce is a perfect example of a character two-way player who had a wake-up call in his rookie pro season, only to come back and take big strides the next year.

I'm curious to hear what Green has to say about the young kids development at seasons end. Subban, Cass, Gaunce, Labate etc.

Utica now down 2-0 in the series.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

BladesofSteel wrote:IIRC, Cassels was moved to the wing at training camp to ease with his pro transition. Needless to say, he's had a rough inaugural season, but I think it's safe to say his off-season shoulder surgery has really hampered his development.

Having a full summer to train should help him have a bounce back sophomore year. Gaunce is a perfect example of a character two-way player who had a wake-up call in his rookie pro season, only to come back and take big strides the next year.

I'm curious to hear what Green has to say about the young kids development at seasons end. Subban, Cass, Gaunce, Labate etc.

Utica now down 2-0 in the series.
None the less, I think Green did an admirable job with what he had to deal with this year, ie; Revolving Door...
"evolution"