Socks & Puppets

Talk about your favorite prospects and the happenings of the Canucks AHL affiliate, the Utica Comets.

Moderator: Referees

Socks & Puppets

Postby Cornuck » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:20 am

A few changes are coming to the Corner.

For now, it's time to clean out the sock drawer. Any account that is an obvious or suspected sock will be disabled later this week. If you are worried that your real account might be in jeopardy, PM me and state your case.

I've allowed it until now due to the lack of real hockey news. With the upcoming draft, free agency, new coach etc in the coming weeks, it's time to clean things up.
Over 40 years of pain - I just want one day of glory.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Socks & Puppets

Postby ukcanuck » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:22 am

Thanks Corn..
Doing a great job, as always :)
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Island Nucklehead » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:02 pm

Great News.
Island Nucklehead
CC Legend

Postby Betamax » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:05 pm

Cornuck wrote:A few changes are coming to the Corner.

For now, it's time to clean out the sock drawer. Any account that is an obvious or suspected sock will be disabled later this week. If you are worried that your real account might be in jeopardy, PM me and state your case.

I've allowed it until now due to the lack of real hockey news. With the upcoming draft, free agency, new coach etc in the coming weeks, it's time to clean things up.

It couldn't come soon enough. :mex:
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Aaronp18 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:26 pm

Betamax wrote:It couldn't come soon enough. :mex:

Beta,
Aaronp18
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Betamax » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:48 pm

Aaronp18 wrote:
Betamax wrote:It couldn't come soon enough. :mex:

Beta,

I'm a lot of things but not a lip reader. Could you, duh, provide a transcript? :mex:
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Aaronp18 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:57 pm

Betamax wrote:I'm a lot of things but not a lip reader. Could you, duh, provide a transcript? :mex:

Lets say it twice:
Aaronp18
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby BurningBeard » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:30 pm

Aaronp18 wrote:
Betamax wrote:I'm a lot of things but not a lip reader. Could you, duh, provide a transcript? :mex:

Lets say it twice:

Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
BurningBeard
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby herb » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:53 pm

"My dream is to one day become a member of the CC Hall of Fan." - Betamax

Sometimes dreams just aren't meant to be.
herb
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Betamax » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:07 pm

Cornuck wrote:A few changes are coming to the Corner.

With all due respect, your proclamation sounds like some sort of Kangaroo Court ran in a location like North Korea -- not Canada or the United States of America for that matter.

If you believe an account is "obvious" you should be able to easily provide compelling evidence that shows beyond a reasonable doubt that said account is, for a fact a "sock" if the (alleged) "sock" believes he/she has been charged with that offense he/she didn't commit and wants to show he/she is "innocent" or "not guilty."

This should be done in the public sphere among a jury of his peers. Not fellow (suspected socks) ...... but from a pool of long-time, "respected" members of CC Hall of Fan not "suspected"' of having "sock" accounts.

Furthermore, will there be penalties levied against those individuals here who have been on a witch-hunt that have publicly falsely accused other(s) here of having a sock account (as implied tacitly in this very own thread) when they are exposed to be more wrong than the Mayor of Wrongville? :mex:
Last edited by Betamax on Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Aaronp18 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:11 pm

Betamax wrote:This should be done in the public sphere among a jury of his peers. Not fellow (suspected socks) ...... but from a pool of long-time, "respected" members of CC Hall of Fan not "suspected"' of having "sock" accounts.

This is an oxymoron.
Aaronp18
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Betamax » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:13 pm

Aaronp18 wrote:

Lets say it twice:

Aaron, have you or have you not been wrong about posting about rumor, speculation and innuendo before? With all due respect, prepared to be wrong for a second time. :mex:
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Aaronp18 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:20 pm

Betamax wrote:Aaron, have you or have you not been wrong about posting about rumor, speculation and innuendo before? With all due respect, prepared to be wrong for a second time. :mex:

Nope, you're wrong.

But, what else is new.

There isn't a court in the land that would have a case against me, kangaroo or otherwise. ;)
Aaronp18
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Betamax » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:25 pm

Aaronp18 wrote:
Betamax wrote:Aaron, have you or have you not been wrong about posting about rumor, speculation and innuendo before? With all due respect, prepared to be wrong for a second time. :mex:

Nope, you're wrong.

But, what else is new.

There isn't a court in the land that would have a case against me, kangaroo or otherwise. ;)

duh, Betamax exposes others for who they really are. You could say, Betamax is, duh, the Jonathan Toews of Canucks' Messageboards.

Now, Aaron, if you subscribe to the theory/rumor/innuendo that Betamax is a "sock" of another poster, are you brave (or foolish) enough to name a name?

Here is the definition I am using via wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sockpuppet_%28Internet%29

A sockpuppet is an online identity used for purposes of deception. The term, a reference to the manipulation of a simple hand puppet made from a sock, originally referred to a false identity assumed by a member of an Internet community who spoke to, or about, themselves while pretending to be another person.[1] The term now includes other misleading uses of online identities, such as those created to praise, defend or support a person or organization,[2] or to circumvent a suspension or ban from a website. A significant difference between the use of a pseudonym[3] and the creation of a sockpuppet is that the sockpuppet poses as an independent third-party unaffiliated with the puppeteer. Many online communities attempt to block sockpuppets.

What say you? :mex:

p.s. My hair is tidy. 8-)
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby BurningBeard » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:33 pm

Aaronp18 wrote:There isn't a court in the land that would have a case against me, kangaroo or otherwise. ;)

Really? Not even for defamation? :mrgreen:
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
BurningBeard
CC 1st Team All-Star

Next

Return to Comet Trails